Forums

Falsely reported

Quick find code: 317-318-962-66276181

Colmtherouge
Mar Member 2023

Colmtherouge

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good afternoon!

I have been playing the game for some time now, and today I logged on and started attacking some moss giants in the caves near the boss and another person was there. within 3 minutes, he claims he has reported me, and constantly harassed me saying "your gold farmer account will be banned" and "remember ur lost account next update rat boy gold farmer"

I assume he reported me for attacking the moss giants near where he was attacking, but i dont see how that's against any rules at all.

I have a few concerns. he is falsely accusing someone of being a bot, and he is harassing me.
I have his name but i dont want to put him on blast unless a moderator specifically asks for it.

are there systems in place to check to see if reports are false? are false reporters reprimanded in any way?

thank you for your time.

10-Mar-2023 02:00:28

Payneee

Payneee

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there, Not much can be done if they're threatening to report you. Best to report and move on in those instances & if you feel you're being harassed you could choose the option 'Disruptive Behavior' in the report tab and Jagex will investigate it. A moderator wouldn't be able to do much either unless they broke a rule in front of them.

Also people who abuse the report option i believe get flagged by Jagex, I'm not entirely sure that is true but i know they won't ban you or mute you if you haven't broken any rules.

Hope this helps a bit, :)
I'm a skiller not a killer

10-Mar-2023 02:30:15 - Last edited on 10-Mar-2023 02:32:19 by Payneee

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't worry about it simply because if there's no evidence in a report, then you won't get any sanctions. Incorrect reporting can only backfire on the player making the incorrect report. I'd just ignore them in the meantime. :)

10-Mar-2023 06:10:14

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,198 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would not worry about it as Jagex can see you are playing within the rules.

If someone kicks off at you you have a few options.

1 Ignore them totally.
2 Add them to your ignore list.
3 Hop Worlds to get away from them.

Now if they are cussing you out and really going to town on you you can report ingame for either Offensive language if they are swaring or Disruptive Behaviour if they are just gobbing off a little.

As you action against your account nothing should happen as you did nothing wrong.

If someone makes far too many False reports then Jagex will send them an Inbox message about it and ask them to stop wasting their time.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy your game.

Good job you didn't name them here as the thread would have been locked and the name hidden. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
I don’t suffer from insanity—I enjoy every minute of it. :P

10-Mar-2023 09:56:29

Quick find code: 317-318-962-66276181 Back to Top