Forums

Did I do the right thing?

Quick find code: 317-318-95-66283295

3 Series
Dec Member 2023

3 Series

Posts: 109 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I met another player at Ge a few days ago, been chatting about everything, ingame and irl stuff too, became kinda friends fairly quickly, he seemed great,

He asked to borrow some gear for melee training as he claimed to not have much money, so I did, gave him roughly 500k worth of gear, food ect, and as promised he gave me the armour back, I gave him alot of different armour, range, mage and melee, only totalling a couple mil and again he uses it and gives it back when hes done.. (GREAT) :)

This morning he asked to borrow my prims, sara godsword, d bulwark and various other stuff, I said "yea man thats cool".... So I was getting the items from my bank until I received this seemingly mistakenly sent message from him:

"lol this 3 series guy is gonna give me his prims, SGS, Bulwark. Should I take him? hahaha"

I replied back "wtf" he said "sorry man that was meant for my friend, I want to take you to a special combat area I know to get good afk exp is what I meant"

"can I still borrow your stuff for more combat plz?"

I did not reply and have since blocked and deleted him, did I do the right thing?

09-Jul-2023 20:57:43

God Drakan

God Drakan

Posts: 686 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The right thing to do is to stop giving random beggars money and equipment. There is no such thing as ''borrowing'' and you can end up scammed and poor, since once you give out something you cant get it back if the given player refuses to return it. If you really want to help people out teach them how to make money.

09-Jul-2023 21:56:03

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Do not give anyone ANYTHING on here. People are skumfux irl their worse on OSRS bunch of sweaty worthless lowlifes who will steal your stuff without a second thought. Tell them to eat shit and die and go get the gear themselves, even if i know someone irl i dont give them anything. Maybe a small amount of gold but nothing else.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

10-Jul-2023 00:30:14 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2023 00:30:35 by Bruce Waayne

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have borrowed items and lent items to very close friends over the years, and everyone involved has had their stuff returned and are happy to this day (yes including expensive stuff like when I borrowed mate's tbow). Does that mean you should do the same? No, not if you don't know them well and trust them deeply. You may never have anyone in game you can feel that level of trust with, but keep your eyes open and your mind alert, since just as there's lots of bad actors, good folks do actually exist, and it would be a shame to miss out on a great friendship because of smart behavior dipping into paranoia.

That being said, bottom line answer to your question is still a definite yes, you did the right thing.

10-Jul-2023 01:24:51

Rabbitmeds
Nov Member 2023

Rabbitmeds

Posts: 205 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NEVER lend stuff unless you receive collateral (collat) - only in the form of coins or high end gear. In my clan (OSRS) we collat all the time given some people (myself included) just do not want to buy the gear for ourselves because we simply don't need it- so if I needed something like a Dragon Hunter Crossbow for a slayer task, I just collat with one of my clan mates until I'm done with the slayer task.

Other than that, NEVER share stuff without receiving an equal amount of collateral.

As people have said, trust no one on this game. It's chock full of scammers and swindlers sadly.
20 Year Runescape Vet. | Astrophysicist studying 21-cm hyperfine hydrogen lines

Forum Help - Forum Help

10-Jul-2023 15:59:28 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2023 16:00:33 by Rabbitmeds

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What I have done in the past, is to buy a set of armor or something for a task, then sell it after words, some times for a loss, occasionally for a profit, but usually for what I gave. I do not want to borrow or lend items. You were lucky to see the truth in time.

11-Jul-2023 14:40:06

Quick find code: 317-318-95-66283295 Back to Top