Forums

New Player to Osrs

Quick find code: 317-318-838-66292963

Berry 6
Dec Member 2023

Berry 6

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I wanted to say Hello the osrs community!! I'm a brand new player to osrs and I started my journey on Ironman. I know, I'm crazy, but its actually helped me a ton to learned the game at my own pace, like learning where everything is and how to get them. Even finding out that the item I want is locked behind many prereq's like leveling up my skills or doing monkey madness 1 for the first time ever to get the dragon scimitar.

It's been a ton a fun, and I just killed Tempoross for the first time by soloing him on my Ironman account only after 3 attempts. Setting goals like that and achieving them is hella fun. Now it's time to go for the pet and fishing barrel :) .

Feel free to join my discord or come chat about old school runescape over at my twitch at twitch.tv/Hereliesberry. Feel free to give my tips and tricks, if you do end up stopping by. Looking foward to meeting you all. Even if I can form a small community around the game would be awesome. Making this post because I'm just looking for more friends to play osrs with!

Much love to the osrs community for keeping the game around for how long it's been released. Because If it wasn't for you guys, I would've never got the chance to play it. So thank you <3

11-Jan-2024 01:38:59

HeroicStache
Jan Member 2022

HeroicStache

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there, 2 years ago I started out on the same journey, best of luck to you on yours. Ironman mode can be a lot of effort, but it's very satisfying to see your work bear fruit in my opinion.

If you're looking for some people to hang out with, I can recommend SoRS as a clan (QFC on official forums: 320-321-349-66291408), many nice people there with a good mix of mains and ironmen in whatever form. Also a helpful bunch with any questions you have, and there's regular events. Feel free to drop by as a guest if you like.

Specifically for Tempoross I can recommend farming permits until you hit 81 fishing. If you use up your permits at that level, you'll get rewards from the highest bracket of fish. Don't worry about getting only high level fish you'll burn often: you'll still get plenty of bass and swordfish to train your lower levels of cooking with.

As for another general tip: don't be afraid to spend GP in shops. You'll mainly use GP to train construction and manage your kingdom, and perhaps to buy chaos runes to sell for tokkul to get onyxes. Unless you're planning on buying bonds with your GP, it's alright to spend money to make your ironman life easier, as there isn't much else to spend it on.

Last one: it's always good to train agility early on. If you haven't, the next best time to start is now. Shortcuts and enhanced energy regeneration rate are something which you'll benefit from every time you play.

Best of luck, and feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

11-Jan-2024 11:52:19

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 402 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome to the game! :)

I can see the passion flowing through your veins with every word so I'm glad you're enjoying everything so far.

While I've been around for a while, I'm still having fun monkeying around with a normal account but I can bet ironman would really help you explore every corner of the game world.

Feel free to add me in game too. I'm often in a clan chat channel called 'Smallexplamp'. He's a content creator and has both main account and ironman progression series on YouTube. The clan chat always has a large amount of irons playing at any given time so do feel free to join us.

12-Jan-2024 04:43:18

Quick find code: 317-318-838-66292963 Back to Top