Forums

Bots making game unplayable

Quick find code: 317-318-815-66280599

MTheUnicorn

MTheUnicorn

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's really out of hand. Legitimate players such as myself shouldn't be routinely pushed out of playing the game on a regular basis. World hopping, playing on high-skill worlds, etc, doesn't help. It's hard to play the game when everywhere is oversaturated with bots that click faster than a human can. I'm functionally banned from doing anything other than things like fishing. Reporting doesn't seem to make a dent in the problem, nor does it do anything in the moment when a bot is hogging resources.

Is there anything else I can do? I was going to get membership, but the bots are making me think I might have to stop playing altogether. I just want to play the game for some relaxing nostalgia, not compete to out-click bots.

25-May-2023 17:47:21

xSunflowersx
Dec Member 2020

xSunflowersx

Posts: 594 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I totally agree with you. I've been training one of my accounts on OSRS and was blown away by the consistent amounts of bots and scammers that are infecting OSRS.

I have reported consistently but nothing gets done. Why do people feel they have to bot? Why can't they play the game the way it's supposed to be played...do the grind.

It makes me sad and angry that this is what OSRS has become. Who cares if they lose 100,000 players from being banned, at least those of us who are genuine can sit back, relax and enjoy playing what used to be a great game.

25-May-2023 20:40:59

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are you sure bots are still a problem in OSRS?

They closed BH in 2020, citing botting and gold farmer problems:

"As you know we've spent a great deal of time adjusting Bounty Hunter over the last year, in an attempt to make PvP feel more rewarding without allowing bots and farmers to gain a foothold. Unfortunately, we have failed to do so. "

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/pvp-changes?oldschool=1

BH returned yesterday to OSRS. It means no bots and gold farmers problem in OSRS now, right?

25-May-2023 23:16:41

demonpurger
Nov Member 2023

demonpurger

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i completely agree with you its a disgrace they dont do anything even if you report em maybe there getting backhander payments to keep farms going who knows its sad cause it ruins the game and they just dont care thats how it is

26-May-2023 13:43:38

E I E dInO
Sep Member 2022

E I E dInO

Posts: 226 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xSunflowersx said :
Who cares if they lose 100,000 players from being banned, at least those of us who are genuine can sit back, relax and enjoy playing what used to be a great game.

There are certain players who keep pretending concurrent players as the total player base of a game. If they ban 100,000 bots, we will only see like 10k player base for OSRS. That will make these small group of players very sad in self-denial.

26-May-2023 19:19:53

xSunflowersx
Dec Member 2020

xSunflowersx

Posts: 594 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would appreciate it and so would many others if there were only 10,000 genuine, non-botting players left to play OSRS.

Currently RS3 has only around 25,000 players who are extremely focussed on getting 200m in every skill.

Bring it on that we only have 10,000 genuine, non-botting players on OSRS before it gets wrecked like RS3 is currently.

26-May-2023 23:21:03

E I E dInO
Sep Member 2022

E I E dInO

Posts: 226 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xSunflowersx said :
I would appreciate it and so would many others if there were only 10,000 genuine, non-botting players left to play OSRS.

Currently RS3 has only around 25,000 players who are extremely focussed on getting 200m in every skill.

Bring it on that we only have 10,000 genuine, non-botting players on OSRS before it gets wrecked like RS3 is currently.

Only 10,000 concurrent players don't mean 10,000 player base which certain group of players misrepresented. Even if we see 10,000 concurrent OSRS players and if they are not bots, it may still mean they actually have couple of hundreds of thousands of real players because most of them don't play many hours a day.

26-May-2023 23:43:32

Quick find code: 317-318-815-66280599 Back to Top