Forums

10 January 2024 — POH Update

Quick find code: 317-318-788-66292957

Jared
Jul Member 2021

Jared

Posts: 4,998 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to express my appreciation for this mini update to the POH system yesterday. The Jmods never put up a discussion post in Old School Announcements for the 10 January "Children of the Sun" news post. For anyone who missed the "Other Changes" in the newspost, it had this to say about the POH system:

A new engine update brings improved loading times to the Player Owned House!
The new loading times should be consistent regardless of the house’s size.

No more design limitations on the POH at all! You can max out the room allowance, have an upstairs and dungeon, doesn't matter. All POHs load in ~2 ticks now. Get rid of your single-story cubes and make houses great again!

11-Jan-2024 06:16:36

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a really nice fix. I remember going into some houses and they would take forever to load everything.

Optimization is always appreciated, and now people can have their houses the way they want and not have to wait for everything to load.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

11-Jan-2024 17:14:13

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The OSRS team doesn't put up a discussion perhaps because the change mostly affects loading time to POH with almost maxed room. I think most players just have the few basic rooms with the frequently used features like costume storages, altars and teleportation so the changes aren't noticeable to the likes of minimalists like myself.

Actually I know some players only have a couple of rooms in their POH only for construction training. IIRC Zezema was one of them. :D

Anyway, it is a nice update to players with a lot of rooms in their POH perhaps.

11-Jan-2024 18:22:08

Jared
Jul Member 2021

Jared

Posts: 4,998 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know I'm in the minority, but I have a maxed 99 Construction house with a ton of rooms and really went all out. The loading times didn't really bother me personally, but it's nice to know I can now host my house to others without issue.

21-Jan-2024 04:27:28

Storms Path
Sep Member 2015

Storms Path

Posts: 546 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I liked it too but sadly I now have flashing screen, have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, checked for updates on drive, it is up to date, even restarted computer and shut off and restarted. Still doing it. If anyone has a solution please help

24-Jan-2024 13:45:55

Quick find code: 317-318-788-66292957 Back to Top