f2p afk moneymaking?

Quick find code: 317-318-777-66291033

Desingerica

Desingerica

Posts: 356 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there any afk f2p
moneymaking
methods?

I don't have much time to play atm so I won't be making any of my accs members due to this ridiculously high price of both rs3 and osrs bonds.

Now I don't care about what skill I train I just wanna have that
amazing
feeling of me doing
something
positive
while I'm making $
irl
as well. Playing rs just creates more
dopamine
for my brain because I know I'm doing something
positive
in-game which makes me more productive irl.

I literally have one account which got
75 fishing
by fishing shrimps rofls ! I just have to be playing while I'm making $ irl. It makes me feel as if I'm
afking
irl as well. I have been playing
run-escape
for
over 20 years
now and well it has helped me in all aspects of life especially investments and flipping ! So I cannot live without rs anymore because it had such a huge
positive
impact on my life.

So yea just put you silly lil
suggestions
here and I'll see if anything interests me otherwise I'll perhaps get 99 fishing by fishing shrimps rofls

26-Nov-2023 16:33:29 - Last edited on 26-Nov-2023 16:36:56 by Desingerica

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Woodcutting is fairly afk. Just start cutting yews, and have the sound to let you know when it stops. 40k logs would make you enough to buy membership. Then you would have the levels to cut redwood. You would only need 14-15k logs to get a bond and that is doable in a 2 week membership. That would leave you a short hop from 99 wc.

26-Nov-2023 17:08:28

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you are free to play, you should be able to make enough gp to buy a bond in reasonable amount of time for free membership without moving around much and clicking your fingers off in RS3.

However, if you plan to get an OSRS bond for free membership through skilling, especially the AFK way, good luck. I don't think it is a reasonable expectation, especially fishing is a terrible idea, with fish prices hovering around deep historical lows due to undetected/unbanned botting. SirPlugger has shown us fishing bots haven't been banned for months when they went from level 1 to 82.

WC may be a little better for f2p, however, you still have to work more than a regular job. For instance, using the numbers mastercast3r suggested in this thread, you can cut 40k yews for the gp needed for an OSRS bond. However, the best f2p places for them is behind Varrock Castle and for only 130-220 logs per hour according to the OSRS Wiki:

"Free-to-play players can cut them behind Varrock Palace (east of the Grand Exchange) or at the Edgeville ruins. Depending on levels, players can chop 130–220 yew logs."

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Money_making_guide/Cutting_yew_logs

So, for an average of 175 logs per hours, you will need 40000/175 = 229 hours of laboring. Even if you "work" a regular OSRS WC "job" 8 hours a day, you will still need 19 days to get just a single OSRS bond with merely 14 days of membership.

27-Nov-2023 18:12:47 - Last edited on 27-Nov-2023 18:24:14 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 317-318-777-66291033 Back to Top