Forums

Where is the golden tench?

Quick find code: 317-318-636-66277375

Noceb0
Apr Member 2022

Noceb0

Posts: 1,704 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is it that getting a golden tench, for some people, is common as cannonballs at corporeal beast, and for others, it's more comparable to getting an elysian sigil? People are getting four of them in 500 pearls. I have 850 pearls, and haven't received a single one. WTF is up with that???

29-Mar-2023 05:23:18

Noceb0
Apr Member 2022

Noceb0

Now I'm at 901 pearls, and still haven't gotten a golden tench. Does Jagex loot lock players they don't like? That would be like getting a drink, and asking for ice, but they lie, saying they don't have ice, (something worse, actually) just because they don't like you. Is there anyone else feeling the same? Is this something comparable to being shadow banned? Throttled?

31-Mar-2023 01:19:34 - Last edited on 31-Mar-2023 02:35:02 by Noceb0

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,955 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Noceb0 said :
IF THIS IS POSSIBLE, THEN HAVING 930 PEARLS WITHOUT A SINGLE GOLDIE SHOULD
NOT
BE POSSIBLE

https://imgur.com/gallery/9c82U5F

That screenshot doesn't really mean anything without a pearl count.

I was probably about 500 pearls in ~30k caught before I got a tench. After that I got a few more rather rapidly.

Also keep in mind that pearl rate varies with fishing/hunter level so even pearls can't give you an accurate estimate.

Unfortunately this is just how statistics work and hopefully you'll get a tench or two before you complete a fish sack and fishing rod set.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

31-Mar-2023 17:46:34

Noceb0
Apr Member 2022

Noceb0

Miu said :
Noceb0 said :
IF THIS IS POSSIBLE, THEN HAVING 930 PEARLS WITHOUT A SINGLE GOLDIE SHOULD
NOT
BE POSSIBLE

https://imgur.com/gallery/9c82U5F

That screenshot doesn't really mean anything without a pearl count.

I was probably about 500 pearls in ~30k caught before I got a tench. After that I got a few more rather rapidly.

Also keep in mind that pearl rate varies with fishing/hunter level so even pearls can't give you an accurate estimate.

Unfortunately this is just how statistics work and hopefully you'll get a tench or two before you complete a fish sack and fishing rod set.

The screenshot shows a pearl count, in form of the fish sack on his log. None of what anyone says changes the fact, that one person should not be so lucky, with someone being the polar opposite, with an extremely unlucky streak, which at this point no luck exists, and I’m beginning to think that it’s literally rigged against me. They’re holding that fish in a pinch, saying “nope”.

31-Mar-2023 20:13:32

Local Files
Oct Member 2021

Local Files

Posts: 420 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been there for 2000 pearls ( I accidentally bought 5 fishing rods and had to start all over again ) and only gotten 2 golden tenches. People in my clan got theirs 50 pearls in.

Luck has to be on your side :P
Ooh, shiny things!

01-Apr-2023 08:30:08

Quick find code: 317-318-636-66277375 Back to Top