Forums

Wilderness boss fee's

Quick find code: 317-318-46-66282351

Caski69
Mar Member 2023

Caski69

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok I'm dumb or something, when searching google all I can find are people complaining about it, or suggesting updates for it, but nobody really explains it in depth. How/when are the fees taken?

I did manage to find from a wiki that "Entering the boss lair" is 50k, -10k per kill you have, resets when killed, dropped for pkers when they kill you. Well that can't exactly be true, I didn't have the kc to peek so I would have to enter, and if someone was there I'd leave and world hop, enter again and leave. With only 80k in my bank I obviously didn't have to pay every time I entered because it was 10+ worlds before I found a free one.

When exactly is the fee taken? And what criteria resets the fee criteria (not the amount of the fee)?
Is the fee taken when you enter the cave?
Once you engage the boss?
Once you defeat/are defeated by the boss/pker?
Once you enter, but doesn't have to paid again until you kill the boss or die?
If I pay the fee, kill the boss and wait there for him to respawn do I pay again when he respawns?
Professional Newb

22-Jun-2023 23:50:42

asdafsdafsd
Dec Member 2017

asdafsdafsd

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think you only have to pay the fee again if you die within the cave or escape area. You do not pay every time you enter the lair or kill a boss.
I think the fee was added to prevent griefers who didn't attempt to actually kill you or contribute to killing the boss and just entered to be a pain in the *** for other players.
Now players have the opportunity to kill griefers and get some of their gp and more important make them lose some gp.

I don't know wether or not you lose the fee if killed by the boss without the help of a player. I think you shouldn't, because the fee wasn't meant to put a dent into the players pockets, but I can't confirm that. You could just try it out if you really wanted to.

You should have started your research on the official osrs page, because I remember them mentioning it in the News & Updates section.

24-Jun-2023 10:34:00

Caski69
Mar Member 2023

Caski69

asdafsdafsd said :
You should have started your research on the official osrs page, because I remember them mentioning it in the News & Updates section.

Yeah... the official page doesn't have any form of search functionality. Going through the news archives is 20 years and you can only look at 1 month at a time... do you happen to remember what year you saw it? maybe you're memory is good and even what month?
Professional Newb

24-Jun-2023 13:42:59

asdafsdafsd
Dec Member 2017

asdafsdafsd

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unfortunately research can sometimes take some time. But you can look in the Wiki article about a topic when changes where made (in this case January, February, March and June), open the links and start reading or use ctrl + F to seach within the articles.
1 of the many wiki pages actually states that you only lose your fee when getting killed by a pker (or die while in combat with a pker), but I do not know if this is confirmed or not.
The only open question is wether or not that one is true and I would assume that it is, because those fees weren't intended to tax the honest players in the first place.

25-Jun-2023 10:15:48

Caski69
Mar Member 2023

Caski69

Dude if you're not going to be any help just don't post, its pretty simple. You don't need to be condescending.

asdafsdafsd said :
1 of the many wiki pages actually states that you only lose your fee when getting killed by a pker

Yup seen that one, not what I'm asking about. I want to know when I pay the fee not when a pker gets my fees I have paid.
IE: I enter, kill the boss, leave. It took a fee at some point in that cycle. Whether i was pk'd or not doesn't matter. The only thing that matters when it comes to being pk'ed is the money already taken from entering will now drop for the pker. None of my questions are about the pker's, assuming i do the run 10000 times and never see a pker or die in there, I still pay a 10000 fees

asdafsdafsd said :
The only open question is....

Nope still have many open questions.

I enter the layer, slay the boss, and leave. There is a fee taken at some point but when? PK has nothing to do with it.
I enter the layer, someone else is fighting, run out, wait for them to leave, enter, slay the boss. Am i charged twice for entering twice or once for slaying him once? (see above i entered 10x times with only 80k b4 killing him)
I enter, attack the boss but don't finish him, and leave, Fee still taken? if i renter to finish him off is a second fee applied?
I enter, kill him, wait for respawn and kill him again, and again, then leave. Am i charged only once for enter? or three times for killing him three times?

1) When exactly is the fee taken from me?
2) When is the fee reset?
(not talking about the price being reset) When i leave, kill him, get killed, time since fee was taken, etc. Or is it a combination of them
Professional Newb

03-Jul-2023 17:41:59

Quick find code: 317-318-46-66282351 Back to Top