Forums

The Old Days

Quick find code: 317-318-355-66288829

Prince of CW
Dec Member 2005

Prince of CW

Posts: 2,061 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I remember when oldschool RS first was released. Mini games were extremely popular. Castle wars was packed. Duel arena was enjoyable. Ah, where did the good times go.
I guess the only way to re-ignite these things would be a new osrs with faster exp rates? hmm

16-Oct-2023 17:19:09

Prince of CW
Dec Member 2005

Prince of CW

Posts: 2,061 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
why would it have to be a new osrs?

they could add better rewards to them to the osrs we have now. that may relight the fire that was minigames.

but overall people dont care too much about minigames anymore

Higher exp rate osrs would definitely get attention from everyone. But possibly better rewards too would work.

16-Oct-2023 17:48:05

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For Castle Wars, OSRS has made other very profitable pvm content too easy and profitable for bots.

For Duel Arena, it doesn't exist practically probably because of real world gambling regulation. The Emir Arena now is a makeshift change to just (hopefully) put them in a grey area. The old Duel Arena probably won't come back. Neither are the "players".

17-Oct-2023 20:44:28

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sadly you need to go back in time to enjoy these things again. Video games arnt played for fun anymore, their played by grown ass men losers who want to sit and grind out the "end game" goals, or achievement hunt on here that means wasting your life getting 200m, and comp cape or w/e else there is. RS isnt the only game with this problem pretty much all gaming has turned into this wannabe flex my sweatyness show. Its why i stay away from PVP games now like the plague, you either get hackers/cheaters, people who exploit broken aspects, or really angry try hards who freak out at you over nothing.

Sad to see people need more in life video games mean nothing.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

17-Oct-2023 23:49:11 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2023 23:49:42 by Bruce Waayne

Klotho

Klotho

Posts: 191 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I miss the "Old" RS2 era too (maybe what early OSRS was like, I didn't play). I don't think fast exp rates are the answer. Look at things like leagues and DMM - there might be some hype early on, but people mostly lose interest way before they're intended to end. Look at things like RS3 and even most private servers. Once an account's progress starts becoming more and more trivial, most of this game just becomes something you skip over.

18-Oct-2023 01:12:29

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Old school minigames and gambling have been dead content for years in the industry. D&D like Flash Events and the Pumpkin Smashing Parties are what modern gamers used to now.

These D&D takes 5 minutes many players can afford, and they can choose the events they want to participant and ignore the others. Very few want to waste an hour just doing one minigame, when they have to grind 100's of them to get mediocre rewards.

18-Oct-2023 02:16:29

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah I'd have to say that a fresh server with faster XP rates wouldn't really make minigames more popular unless you're talking about speeding up mini-game progression? Even then its just moving the issue elsewhere.

I think the internet has just changed along with where most of the playerbase is with real life compared to when those minigames first came out.

19-Oct-2023 06:54:06

Quick find code: 317-318-355-66288829 Back to Top