Forums

Future of the Gielinor Gazette

Quick find code: 317-318-306-66271019

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"As you’ve no doubt noticed, we’re a few months behind on the Gazette – and there’s a good reason for that!

Some of the more recent editions of the Gazette were looking a little empty, and as we prepare for the Winter Summit, there’s been less and less we can talk about here. We’ve seen that you’re not happy about this, so we want to offer you the opportunity to shake things up a bit.

What would YOU like to see in the next Gazette? Should we only release a Gazette when there’s a juicy project to tease? Do you want more community-driven content? Should we add new sections entirely? Now’s your chance to tell us!

Click the link below and you’ll be whisked away to our survey, where you can share your thoughts on the future of the Gielinor Gazette. This will directly inform our strategy going into 2023, so don’t hold back!"
- Gielinor Gazette - November-ish 2022, 02 December 2022

So we had a Novermber-ish 2022 Gielinor Gazette finally in December after being MIA since March 2022 finally.

We had a survey. More than a month has pasted since then and we are in 2023 today, so we definitely did not have a December 2022 Gielinor Gazette.

What happened? Will we have a December-ish 2022 Gielinor Gazette later in 2023? Any news?

04-Jan-2023 16:41:41

DividedStory
Jan Member 2024

DividedStory

Posts: 364 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Development Team has been more busy with updates. It also looks like the Community Management Team has been busy with Quality Assistance and playtesting for the main Devs.

We're in this weird null, and frankly I do crave more updates than the current scarcity plaguing the game currently.
(Rock Crackling Sounds)
Twitter:
@DividedStory
Discord:
DividedStory

05-Jan-2023 06:50:26

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,499 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DividedStory said :
We're in this weird null, and frankly I do crave more updates than the current scarcity plaguing the game currently.

uhhhh idk what you're talking about, OSRS has plenty of content to keep one playing for a long, long time. The mentality of "updates = good game" is terrible and needs to be thrown out in the trash. If you dont enjoy what's there in OSRS then you are free to find yourself another game. You people are ridiculous wanting this game with so many updates. OSRS was never slated to have updates at all, mind you, it was a bonus.

05-Jan-2023 11:49:51

DividedStory
Jan Member 2024

DividedStory

Posts: 364 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teridax said :
DividedStory said :

uhhhh idk what you're talking about, OSRS has plenty of content to keep one playing for a long, long time. The mentality of "updates = good game" is terrible and needs to be thrown out in the trash. If you dont enjoy what's there in OSRS then you are free to find yourself another game. You people are ridiculous wanting this game with so many updates. OSRS was never slated to have updates at all, mind you, it was a bonus.

Now I don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps of putting words into my mouth you could hold a more mature discussion of what I've mentioned.
(Rock Crackling Sounds)
Twitter:
@DividedStory
Discord:
DividedStory

05-Jan-2023 13:22:49

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

DividedStory said :
The Development Team has been more busy with updates. It also looks like the Community Management Team has been busy with Quality Assistance and playtesting for the main Devs.

Do they really need the involvement of the busy Development and Community Management Teams to tell us the result of the survey over a month ago which they said would directly inform their strategy going into 2023... but it is 2023 already now?

The survey was about the future of the Gielinor Gazette publication, not on any commitment the Development and Community Management Teams have to make anytime soon.

05-Jan-2023 20:59:32 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2023 20:59:46 by Dilbert2001

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I certainly hope this makes a return! It seems like the winter summit quasi replaced it for this current period. Given that the community consultation for the new skill has pretty much begun perhaps they feel a Gazette would not necessarily have anything new atm?

The Winter summit is after all, telling us what the big goals of the new year are while also telling us how they'll be brought to light.

04-Feb-2023 05:29:11

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Zeffirino said :
I certainly hope this makes a return! It seems like the winter summit quasi replaced it for this current period. Given that the community consultation for the new skill has pretty much begun perhaps they feel a Gazette would not necessarily have anything new atm?

The Winter summit is after all, telling us what the big goals of the new year are while also telling us how they'll be brought to light.

The Gazette is not just about project and roadmap.

04-Feb-2023 19:24:14

Quick find code: 317-318-306-66271019 Back to Top