Forums

new jagex security option

Quick find code: 317-318-290-66284118

Jari 12 12 1
Oct Member 2023

Jari 12 12 1

Posts: 31 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
good security for accounts, but there would also be an option to disable it or thus give "permission" for normal login.
This worked really well in pk. I am an active pk player I have 40 accounts and now half are "protected" if you want to change accounts you have to start a new page from Jagex launher. in the old one, it was enough to keep 4 runelite pages open so you could quickly switch to other accounts if necessary.

25-Jul-2023 16:17:24

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 44,957 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Being able to remove characters from a Jagex Account would entirely defeat the security benefits that Jagex Accounts provide. For them to be able to provide the extra security that regular RuneScape accounts cannot, the process of upgrading has to be non-reversible.

At some point in the future, Jagex Accounts will end up becoming mandatory to play the game - logins that are done 'the old way' won't be supported anymore.

If your concern is that you have too many accounts to fit onto one Jagex Account, that would be something best provided as feedback to the team that works on the Jagex Launcher and Jagex Accounts. They have a feedback survey you can submit that on:
https://jagex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4VNZA3wkrMivWhU?source=dlpage

25-Jul-2023 22:04:06

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 127 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
Jari 12 12 1 said :
yes itold up i need open anytime new page. its not good.

youll always need a new client (page) to play more.

i dont see how this is worse

Yeah needing a full-on Chromium browser that requires administrative rights to display some news and pass log-in credentials from it to game clients is somehow an improvement over... just using the game client to log-in lol. Jagex Launcher is larger in filesize than the entire OSRS client with cache.

It's an improvement for some but definitely not all. I know my RS account security was better without involving a Jagex Account and launcher and I wish I could go back to the old log-in style.

Applejuiceaj said :
... They have a feedback survey you can submit that on:

Lol that survey isn't active and hasn't been for a while. Jagex has all the feedback they need.

28-Jul-2023 09:54:35 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2023 10:00:52 by Espionage724

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 394 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Espionage724 said :
Tenebri said :
Jari 12 12 1 said :
yes itold up i need open anytime new page. its not good.

youll always need a new client (page) to play more.

i dont see how this is worse

Yeah needing a full-on Chromium browser that requires administrative rights to display some news and pass log-in credentials from it to game clients is somehow an improvement over... just using the game client to log-in lol. Jagex Launcher is larger in filesize than the entire OSRS client with cache.

It's an improvement for some but definitely not all. I know my RS account security was better without involving a Jagex Account and launcher and I wish I could go back to the old log-in style.

Applejuiceaj said :
... They have a feedback survey you can submit that on:

Lol that survey isn't active and hasn't been for a while. Jagex has all the feedback they need.

Account security is definitely better with a Jagex Account. The loopholes that existed in the previous client especially with respect to social engineering methods was a glaring security hole.

I understand you perceive it to be more convenient in some ways but Jagex Accounts are fairly seamless to use in a world where security and convenience often oppose each other.

30-Jul-2023 05:57:30

Quick find code: 317-318-290-66284118 Back to Top