Forums

Pest Control too hard?

Quick find code: 317-318-273-66283561

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 127 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm the guy shooting a Crystal Bow from mid towers; probably the only one as of lately doing it. I don't know how some of ya'll make it off Tutorial Island when it comes to leaving gates wide open and ignoring monsters attacking the Knight. I don't go trotting through Isafdar to recharge my bow for people to flop matches.

How to win PC:

1. Close gates. It could be extended to close gates with live portals behind them, but that might be too confusing. Just close the gates. Don't just look silly sitting right near the middle gate wide open while Shifters collect on the Knight. Close. The. Gate.

2. Kill things attacking the Knight. Yeah, those Defiler and Torchers attacking from the middle or sides? Kill them. Don't just run past em, unless you're doing something productive like wrecking a portal.

3. Attack Portals and Spinners. Ya'll have RL that puts a bright box around Spinners. Kill them. Brawlers blocking the front of the Portal? Kill the Brawler, then the Portal.

How to lose PC:

1. Leave gates wide open. Always. Trail of enemies leaving the portal and heading up to the gate? Leave it open, or better yet, open it if someone was trying to play to win.

2. Kill Splatters, and other enemies attacking players or doing nothing. Do this especially if the match is already iffy. Don't bother attacking Portals or anything productive.

3. Come up to the middle towers where I'm ranging and tell me all about how wrong I am, and make sure you're in melee gear. Yes, waste time by arguing with me while I'm shooting down stuff. Had a good laugh at the guy who did that earlier :p

And if you bot, please use something that has a concept of closing gates. I know PC can have a lot going on that goes beyond some real players even, but just code that one little piece of logic into bots and everyone will do a lot better. If you bot, you want to win, right? (ps: don't bot)

(this is a vent post; as much as I like PC, I like actually winning it and need others to help with that :p )

15-Jul-2023 02:52:22 - Last edited on 15-Jul-2023 02:54:45 by Espionage724

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Get out dat tower boy and close the door. You can range from a distance on the ground. Yeah it can be frustraiting.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

15-Jul-2023 16:40:32

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 127 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Idea: If someone interacts with a gate, and the Knight all of a sudden takes massive damage within a short time span (implying some fool opened the gate and let a bunch of ranged and Shifters at the knight), if the game is lost, have a message appear on that player's screen telling them to be mindful of opening gates. If they're on an Intermediate (where I'm seeing this happen) or Veteran boat, make it a non-dismissable message that disappears after a minute or so. Maybe someone could even code this into the PC RL plugin.

Little tips like that might be helpful, and might encourage better decisions so players don't see such messages.

15-Jul-2023 20:30:10

Quick find code: 317-318-273-66283561 Back to Top