Forums

why is dming not regulated

Quick find code: 317-318-158-66282435

MUT3D-PERMA

MUT3D-PERMA

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
genuine question because i really feel like dm is just ruining the economy no?

i mean when streamers are literally making average of 1b to 5b per day just sitting there dming and staking and doing nothing else it makes every other content in the game seem so irrelevant and obsolete; like why would you do any other content for money if you can just make 100x that amount in a much shorter period of time gambling?

obviously the risks is higher but i mean i feel like 99% of the people that dm all day receive donations and loans anyway

tldr pretty sure dming literally ruined the game surprised jagex still hasn't done anything about this

24-Jun-2023 12:05:27

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are whispers I've heard that the duel arena was a potential real life gambling law land-mine they wanted to avoid, hence the removal of it despite its popularity. If this is true, then it will never be supported in any official capacity like it was in the duel arena. However, if they take measures to prevent these unsupported unofficial dms, either it's too soft and makes scamming even easier, or it's too hard and encroaches back on the removal of free trade which was met with absolute outrage back in RS2 days (edit: I should know, I was there, and I hated it). Either way it doesn't work. Hence, what we have now.

All this being said, it's contingent on the first rumor I postulated all this on at the start of this post being true. If it's not, we probably should see a return of some form of officially supported wagered duel mechanic, as the current dm scene is very unhealthy for basically everyone involved (even more so than the duel arena imo).

25-Jun-2023 05:23:05 - Last edited on 25-Jun-2023 05:23:56 by Sei Asagiri

Quick find code: 317-318-158-66282435 Back to Top