Forums

Spooky Spider set return?

Quick find code: 309-310-824-66029366

Serephena
Jul Member 2020

Serephena

Posts: 89 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any chance the Spooky Spider promotional RC package outfit might make a return, either for the same RC packages or in some other form?

Had stuff going on in life back in 2016, by the time I initially saw the news post it'd been and gone which is a shame because I really like the look of it.

As someone who has holiday items dating back to the Chicken Costume I can understand and appreciate if the Spooky Spider set was a one-off thing, though I'm hoping, like Shadow sets from SGS, it might return briefly.

Any form of official response in regards to this would be so very appreciated.

24-Jul-2018 19:06:51 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2018 19:07:28 by Serephena

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Serephena said :
As someone who has holiday items dating back to the Chicken Costume I can understand and appreciate if the Spooky Spider set was a one-off thing, though I'm hoping, like Shadow sets from SGS, it might return briefly.

So if you can understand things can be one-off, why are you asking for this to return?
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

24-Jul-2018 20:54:44

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Serephena said :

Trust me, you really don't want to hope that - shadow series in particular were cosmetics that Jagex clearly originally advertised as things that would not return after their initial sales period. Bringing them back thus made many players lose trust in Jagex, and so even though you might not personally care about that incident because it didn't negatively affect you, encouraging Jagex to lie and deceive will come back to bite you too eventually.

So yeah, gotta say no support, sorry; you can't always get everything in life. I have missed out on quite a few temporary things in Runescape as well, such as back when I was undertaking a mandatory military service; one time for example we had to stay there for multiple weeks on 24/7 duty with no access to a PC, during which time a certain event ran its entire course in Runescape. But even though it sucked to miss out, I'd rather not upset the players that did participate and earned some discontinued rewards, especially since if brought back, Jagex would have had to go back on its word. Better to count it as a loss and move on, looking towards the future with new and better cosmetics instead! > )
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

24-Jul-2018 21:20:36

Serephena
Jul Member 2020

Serephena

Posts: 89 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Serephena said :

So if you can understand things can be one-off, why are you asking for this to return?

I'm not specifically asking them to return it, I'm just asking if they have any plans to. My statement about understanding one-offs is just to say I won't be particularly upset if it didn't return because I value the 'rare' stuff I have already collected thus far.

I should add that I'm enquiring about this specifically because unlike holiday quest rewards, SGS promotions have returned before, i.e. shadow sets.
That's the only reason I'm asking, I'm simply curious.

25-Jul-2018 12:36:49 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2018 12:39:41 by Serephena

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Serephena said :
I should add that I'm enquiring about this specifically because unlike holiday quest rewards, SGS promotions have returned before, i.e. shadow sets.
That's the only reason I'm asking, I'm simply curious.

Holiday items have returned, ice ammy/snow globe say hi.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

25-Jul-2018 12:46:32

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You probably wont get an "official" response.. that rarely happens.

If it ever returns all i can say is it should return in the exact same fashion as the first time.

Purchasing 50 dollars worth of runecoins took a hefty chunk out of my wallet and if it

does return it should be exact same way.. if at all. That way its at least fair.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

25-Jul-2018 14:59:55

Bigbear Claw
May Member 2014

Bigbear Claw

Posts: 407 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, its a rare type of promo. I document and give grievance about it here . ^_^ I really only use that thread when such promo's come 'round.

Because of its slightly better than "micro" transaction status, I'm not keen to these offerings being repeated. If you wanted the limited swag you had to put some "skin in the game" at the time.
I don't remember the exact detail of Shadow Gorilla Armour, but Spider and Cherry schwag could go up to $50 USD.

I'd sure like some better uses for our premier tokens, maybe after a few more waves/years, they can add the "super limited" MTX stuff such as RC-bundled gear or Treasure-Hunter punch-card prizes for over a dozen premier tokens each.
I get a little envy at folks with full unlocked TH punch-card stuff, like ninja suits and weapon, and zombie overrides. There was some sort of tribal punch-card promo a few months back I must've missed the whole promo, oh well.

For now, I don't support re-releasing the Spooky Spider, Shadow Gorilla or Cherry gear; especially through the same means.
It would sour it, for those of us who did splurge.

One off ramble complaint/suggestion if a Ninja mod would listen in; I'd love to wield Cherry lantern leaning on shoulder while in my crouched stance/Spirit Hunter walk; but currently it forces standing.
O.P. of Un-pack Packs!!
|||
Support Forum Gazes
|||
Storage Needs
~
Friend of TH trade friends chat

09-Aug-2018 06:49:20 - Last edited on 09-Aug-2018 06:52:52 by Bigbear Claw

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well I had rather it be same means than something like they did the fallen nihl armor and
put it with oddments.. now wouldnt that be some bad shit? getting it for free or cheaper
than the ones that splurged for it.

I own all those sets, although gorilla armor is ugly. The spider set and cherry set are both
beautiful sets. Every since the first one.. the spider.. i put 5 dollars up in my rs jar every week.
so if another one comes around i have my Runescape jar with the gp in it i need for the
sets released in this way.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

09-Aug-2018 11:21:10

Quick find code: 309-310-824-66029366 Back to Top