Forums

Long-term Chameleon Extract

Quick find code: 309-310-533-65916225

Avoriso

Avoriso

Posts: 428 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to make a suggestion for long-term chameleon extracts. At the moment, if your character uses one of the extracts, and you later want to change, you're just sort of out of luck. The extract is lost and you have to use up another. I think an ideal solution would be to allow a certain number to be "stored" at the same time, in the same way prismatic dyes work.

For reference, prismatic dyes:

You can store up to 8 colors at once.

I believe the colors for the owned chameleon extract, should the suggestion be considered, could be stored at the Makeover Mage. There are two categories for skin colors at the Makeover Mage, Standard and Promotional:

Since Chameleon Extract doesn't really fit into either of these categories, maybe a section called "Chameleon Extracts" could be added to the interface instead. Perhaps to stay consistent with Prismatic Dyes, you could store 8 extract colors at a time. This is more than open to change so feel free to leave any suggestions or criticism :)

30-May-2017 17:11:42

Kelly Br00k

Kelly Br00k

Posts: 242 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd definitely consider changing my skin tone using an extract if it were permanent! As it is, I find it quite forbidding given that if I then wish to change to another skin tone, the one from the extract will forever be lost unless another one is again purchased and used. :|

Support! ^_^

30-May-2017 19:53:45

Avoriso

Avoriso

Draco Burnz said :
No support. Jagex makes too much money off of people having to rebuy them as is.

Can't be bothered to rebuy then oh well.

The costs could be brought in line to be appropriate to having an extract color consistently available if that's the main concern.

30-May-2017 21:40:15

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Avoriso said :
Draco Burnz said :
No support. Jagex makes too much money off of people having to rebuy them as is.

The costs could be brought in line to be appropriate to having an extract color consistently available if that's the main concern.

Or they can be left as is.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

31-May-2017 20:51:51

Avoriso

Avoriso

Draco Burnz said :
Avoriso said :
Draco Burnz said :

Or they can be left as is.

Disagree; there are many features in game you can pay to own temporarily at a reduced cost or permanently at a higher cost, like additional bank presets, or the wealth evaluator. When you pay for a prismatic dye or keepsake key, you own those and are freely able to switch them as you please unless you discard the color or keepsake.

As far as chameleon extract goes, there's clearly room for improvements to be made in regards to how the colors are available in my opinion. I understand you don't agree with the suggestion, but if you have ideas on how it can be improved I'm more than happy to hear them. Thanks.

31-May-2017 23:34:49

Quick find code: 309-310-533-65916225 Back to Top