Forums

Verified code transfer. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 309-310-308-65853393

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Posts: 4,332 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit: Forum mods please lock.

Verified code transfer would allow players to move SGS, TH & Holiday items from one verified account to another. Via a code generated in game but sent to a players email.

It would require purchase-able tokens to transfer a single item to another account.
Both accounts would need to be verified as belonging to the player.

Once the code has been confirmed in the email, the player can retrieve the item from Diango on their second account.

Why this is needed - players often go through several accounts in their lifetime, and would like to have their old items on current accounts.

Potential problems - if coded poorly duplication bugs could happen, or the item could dissapear completely.

Benefits of the verication - Curtails trust trading, as you would have to be the respective owner of both accounts, and have been since account creation.

Thanks for reading. :)
Check out Thieves guild layout redesign. Happy ‘scaping

22-Nov-2016 11:24:45 - Last edited on 12-Mar-2018 13:06:43 by GhostlyBard

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This would be absolutely amazing but couldn't it create some kind of market where people sell their codes? Even if it were against the rules selling these codes it would probably still happen and we may still have trust trading and crap like that. WAAAGH!!!

23-Nov-2016 12:19:32 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2016 12:20:18 by Ghazgkull

Poopy Nappy
Jun Member 2014

Poopy Nappy

Posts: 24,299 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
This would be absolutely amazing but couldn't it create some kind of market where people sell their codes? Even if it were against the rules selling these codes it would probably still happen and we may still have trust trading and crap like that.

How would they be able to sell codes if they gotta prove they're the owner of both accounts? O_o
Retro Dragon Claws Overrides

23-Nov-2016 13:09:06 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2016 13:09:34 by Poopy Nappy

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Poopy Nappy said :
Ghazgkull said :
This would be absolutely amazing but couldn't it create some kind of market where people sell their codes? Even if it were against the rules selling these codes it would probably still happen and we may still have trust trading and crap like that.

How would they be able to sell codes if they gotta prove they're the owner of both accounts? O_o

Maybe there's something I'm not understanding but I don't see why I couldn't just get a code and let someone else use it. Is there another explanation that might make this make more sense?
WAAAGH!!!

24-Nov-2016 08:03:06

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Ghazgkull said :
Poopy Nappy said :
Ghazgkull said :

Maybe there's something I'm not understanding but I don't see why I couldn't just get a code and let someone else use it. Is there another explanation that might make this make more sense?

Both accounts would be verified as belonging to the owner. The email address would have to be identical, for both accounts.

24-Nov-2016 09:17:07 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2016 09:20:40 by GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Pippyspot said :
It's an interesting idea, but realistically I think it'd be pretty complicated to implement, plus it would take up a lot of Jmods time verifying that accounts belong to the same person

The implementation would definitely be complicated. But then for the most part the system would run itself with automated verication, with exception to unique cases. :)

24-Nov-2016 11:32:52

Quick find code: 309-310-308-65853393 Back to Top