Forums

Add a face slot?

Quick find code: 309-310-238-65457830

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have you ever wanted to use the Skyshadow's vampire face on its own? Or wanted to use the demon face without the hell's point hairdo?

So how about adding a face slot for these types of cosmetics?

Click here to find it on Runelabs!

If you like this idea, don't forget to tell others! ;)

Face customisations were mentioned as a Player modle rework as part of the survey options for 2017! ^_^
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

18-Aug-2014 19:02:55 - Last edited on 31-May-2016 19:05:41 by Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Would this be easier?

Some time ago I suggested a face slot, it went as follows:

Have you ever wanted to use the Skyshadow's vampire face on its own? Or wanted to use the demon face without the hell's point hairdo?

So how about adding a face slot for these types of cosmetics?

Technical difficulties must be the reason that it has not been added, As I thought I heard they would give it another try, It even garnered some support over time. So I have an alterative method to approach the same problem. A simpler method than a cut/paste for just a face, Not asking for a whole body design, or for racial characteristics/chanages, this is just a work around for the face problem, for the time being. Here goes...

Would it be easier to swap out the whole body, (or full reskin) rather that just a face?

Thinking on it, something like that might work for disguises, quest related and such, where needed instead of outfits.

Comments, ideas and feedback welcome!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Old post)
After I posted this I saw some rage bout having to wear the hood to get the face for Skyshadow. So people out there must have a comment or 2 on this idea lol?

18-Aug-2014 19:45:04 - Last edited on 27-May-2016 10:06:34 by Solanumtinkr

Uriel
Aug Member 2010

Uriel

Posts: 8,594 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps make it a whole skin slot instead, for different skin models, like we have the green skin one ;) . Warlord bodypaint, scar marks, mahjarrat-pattern bodypaint [would be excellent for roleplayers], skeletal bodypaint, etc. Roawr.

18-Aug-2014 20:42:25

Dirge
May Member 2017

Dirge

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would have to agree with Dark Dragon, this could easily be added to skins, and perhaps a few extra ones as well. Also I think I read somewhere that they were looking into adding more skins or something along those lines.

18-Aug-2014 23:34:51

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

With face cosmetics I think they are currently part of the helmet and sit over the avatar's face hiding it, that is a guess by the way. Trying to separate the front of a helmet to use it for the face and the rest for a helmet would be a cumbersome way to go forward, when it's the base avatar's face that should be the target.

Or a transparent mask that sits just over the face but under helmets then everything is added to that?

Obviously I don't know enough about the ways they have thought of so far or how they would go about it, but I am good at thinking up workarounds if I know what the problem is in layman's term, I've done it a few times already :P

21-Aug-2014 20:12:44 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2014 20:41:46 by Solanumtinkr

Quick find code: 309-310-238-65457830 Back to Top