Forums

Classic override Thread is locked

Quick find code: 309-310-154-66015302

ItzDizzaster
Dec Member 2019

ItzDizzaster

Posts: 1,271 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With the news of classic closing I'm saddened, for me classic is a very fond childhood memory of a time when all of my friends would get on and we would play rs for hours on end until our parents would yell at us to get off the computer. The first time I logged in to rs I was Swept away in to the fantasy world of Gielinor, and have played and payed for many years!

What I'm suggesting is adding in an override to give our accounts the iconic look of rs classic. Rune Plate Legs, Rune chain, Dragon med, Dragon sq, Dragon battle axe, amulet of glory, and a yellow cape in more of a retro look.

Thank you,

Natedawg12

27-May-2018 16:54:38

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Isnt this already possible with the existing replica armors?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Replica_metal_plate_armour

Yes it might not be exactly the same but sometimes you'll just hve to make do.

ItzDizzaster said :
What I'm suggesting is adding in an override to give our accounts the iconic look of rs classic. Rune Plate Legs, Rune chain, Dragon med, Dragon sq, Dragon battle axe, amulet of glory, and a yellow cape in more of a retro look.

Plus why are you wanting these exact items?

Whos to say thats the "iconic" look of rsc?

I mean im pretty sure ppl who have their own opinion on this matter.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

27-May-2018 17:24:00 - Last edited on 27-May-2018 17:25:43 by Draco Burnz

ItzDizzaster
Dec Member 2019

ItzDizzaster

Not even close with replica armours, there's no chainmail, med helm or sq override.

I'm guessing you didn't play rs classic, every shield appeared as a sq shield/ in lumby where people were dueling that was the armour combo you'd see simply because it was the top tier back then.

The exception to it being iconic is the following: Dragon long, partyhat/ santa hat if pvm exchange chain for plate.

Besides all that you don't have to buy stuff on sgs if you don't like it....its that simple.

27-May-2018 18:00:32

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ItzDizzaster said :
Not even close with replica armours, there's no chainmail, med helm or sq override.

I'm guessing you didn't play rs classic, every shield appeared as a sq shield/ in lumby where people were dueling that was the armour combo you'd see simply because it was the top tier back then.

Again, why must get an override for this?

We already have a classic cape so that, IMO, should be enough.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

27-May-2018 18:07:10

ItzDizzaster
Dec Member 2019

ItzDizzaster

Classic cape isn't enough and like I said if its on sgs I"LL be paying for not you so what difference does it make to you?

I could have asked for an in game item to show that I'm one of the few classic account left but i didn't i asked for something i could pay for with my own cash (aka not your money).

27-May-2018 18:14:36

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-May-2018 18:38:18

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,605 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The above post has been hidden for flaming another poster. It is quoted below with the disallowed portion removed:
A Bunny said :
ItzDizzaster said :
Classic cape isn't enough and like I said if its on sgs I"LL be paying for not you so what difference does it make to you?

I could have asked for an in game item to show that I'm one of the few classic account left but i didn't i asked for something i could pay for with my own cash (aka not your money).

[Edited]

as much as i understand your wishes, im afraid jagex wont be releasing any replica anytime soon though :/
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

27-May-2018 19:04:07

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-May-2018 19:21:06

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 44,944 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
natedawg12 - There is a difference between someone who is not in favor of a suggestion or opinion and expressing their opposing opinion (which isn't a violation of forum rules), and someone who is putting down another forumer.

To keep this thread on track, a post above was removed. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the proposed suggestion, rather than comment on a player's posting track record.

27-May-2018 19:36:39

Quick find code: 309-310-154-66015302 Back to Top