Forums

The Freakshow V3

Quick find code: 290-291-11-66222664

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Posts: 41 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One Thrilling Introduction

How do you do, fellow Gielinorians? And welcome to The Freakshow! And wow, a third thread after all this time!

We've got all kinds of info down this page, but if you're just like "yeah, okay buddy, I came here to do stuff, not read stuff," we got the quickfire version right here for you:

Clan Chat:
The Freakshow
Citadel:
Tier 7
Homeworld:
35&98
Members:
~105
Timezones:
North America (USA/Can) & Euro (UK/various) mostly

Discord, you ask?
Oh baby, we've got it— along with over 110 of our members and trusted guests

How about Events, do we do those?
You'd better believe it! We average at least four a week to suffice your social needs!

Sound like we're all that you want, and you've waited so long? Well, here's all you'll need:
- Join our chat as guest for a couple of days, so we can get to know you
- Be a member of the game, so you can join our events and citadel too

That's it! No applications, no money down, no credit needed.

Questions for us?

Well, hey, we just met you... so, you could scroll more, pop in as a guest, or pm us maybe.

Org+
: Not a Puppet, Cass andra, Kaywa, Riyo, Kaens,
Skweebean, Dovey, Def Leppard, The Bug Guy, CallerofTime, bfk

20-Jul-2021 15:41:34 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2021 18:32:09 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

A Tale of Two Sections

Okay, if you're still following with me, basically we're social clan first and foremost. We're fairly laid-back, tons of fun, a super active group, and we're all very pretty people. Okay, well, most of us anyway.. Plus we do a ton of stuff in-game together between events, competitions, citadel, you name it. If there's something you enjoy in the game, I bet we have someone else who does too! I mean unless you're into Mobilizing Armies...Yikes.

With our size we fit into a nice place where we're not large, but big enough to do about any event. Plus since we've been around over 5 years, we've got that solid base of amazing people behind it all. We really aim to maintain an environment that lets us get to know each other while we just enjoy the game and do stuff together. We're all playing to have fun at the end of the day. Plus it's not my idea of a great environment if it's a turnstile of new people every week, so set aside your worry about us growing too big.

Since we do want to keep that great environment, we just ask that you take some time to guest and see if we're really your perfect match. We hope so obviously, but we want you to feel sure about it!

20-Jul-2021 15:42:37 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:03:16 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Three Rule Circus

We would like to have a relaxed, laid-back, and welcoming environment for all of our members and guests. All we'd ask from you is to use your common sense when interacting with people really. That said we did want to mention a few general reminders:

1. Remember there are people behind each character
We're all aiming to enjoy our time online, so please make sure you're treating everyone with respect. Really just common sense stuff like I mentioned, we're all adults here. Plus, we would like to avoid things like belittling people, acting maliciously towards people, and any hate speech. Again, really basic stuff.

2. Be mindful of your language and topics
We're pretty laid-back when it comes to language/swearing, we're fine with it here and there. That said, if your only adjective is the F word for every sentence we might not be the perfect match. Also, if you're someone who has a list of topics that you want to be like "Is this okay? Is this too far?", they're probably good to avoid. :P

Otherwise, we do not ban any topics but do keep in mind that not everyone wants to hear about some graphically detailed sexual thing or your deep state conspiracies. Just use some of that common sense to decide "Would I try to talk about this with a group of adults?" That's going to vary person to person obviously, but just try to take that consideration of others and be willing to change the topic if asked.

3. Jagex rules exist
We don't need to know if you're doing super shady stuff, just keep it out of the clan chat. We don't want to help you run your scam, pretend to be JagHelp Puppet, or hear about your fancy new RS bot, etc.

20-Jul-2021 15:44:08 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:03:25 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Four Events and a Competition

Events are what I feel really sets us apart from a lot of clans. We love to do stuff and to try and get people involved with all kind of things. We have events nearly daily, and we try to make every event as open and as welcoming as we can. They are all completely optional so if events aren't your thing that's cool too.

Okay, maybe you read that and you're thinking that we probably just do the same events over and over or something, right?

Think again, buddy! We've got a little bit of
Skilling
in our life, a little bit of
PvM
side by side, a little bit of
Minigames
- any you could need, a little bit of Comps are what I see, a little bit of
For Fun
in the sun...I couldn't even begin to list all the events we've done! Here's a taste though:

Skilling:
Stars that we can mine and fishing at Deep Sea, running through Nemi and finding Evil Trees, place down Portables or maybe spy Pengs, these are a few of our favorite things!

PvM:
From Astellarn to Yakamaru — Some are a breeze, and some require some expertise, but no matter what we'll put you at ease! Fair warning, we don't do many events at high-end group bosses outside of Raids and Elite Dgs

Minigames:
If a game is in, the spotlight, bet your bottom dollar that we've been there, for thaler!

For Fun:
Movies, big ducks, and games, oh my! Trivia, fashion, treasure hunts, to try!

Comps:
Bless my soul, we're really on a roll, could be a mix of skills or maybe with clue scrolls. All month long, got 'em going strong, plus pair it with some teams and you really can't

20-Jul-2021 15:50:36 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:28:24 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Five Minutes of Citadel

Okay, okay, you caught me, it's a little more than five minutes. Still, doing Citadel stuff is way quicker now than it used to be and also more beneficial for you! The Citadel is completely optional. Our Cit week resets Sunday at 22:00 game time.

XP Boost!

As great as the Cit is, most of us use it for XP boost. This is a boost of 3-6% of your XP during the week, just for visiting the Cit and clicking on a rock by the Avatars- easy!

If all you do is click on that rock you get 3% for the week, but if you gather at least 900 resources you will go up a Fealty rank for the next Cit reset. Fealty ranks go up to 3, with each rank adding an additional 1% on top of that 3% number, maxing at 6%.

Collecting 900 might just take five minutes if you use the Skill Plot bonus — +50% cap speed!

Other Stuff!

With a Tier 7 Citadel, it basically means we've got all the perks and amenities at our castle in the sky! Plus, since we've maxed out our Cit, you'll never run into pesky locks or overage fees, you have free range to roam. Includes:

Skills:
Woodcut, Mining, FM, Smithing, Crafting, Cooking, Summon

Perks:
Avatar bonus, bonus XP from Quartermaster, Fealty XP (cloak), seeing Noodle - the clan Frost Dragon, and complimentary breakfast served til 9AM

Keep includes:
a Dance floor to boogie the night away, some Meeting Rooms that definitely get used like all the time, a Theater to put on a show, and a Bank!

Once you see how quick 900 goes, you might as well finish to 2700 to get the full clan points, right? Well, if you do cap, we have a weekly raffle for people that post about it. Winners get a fancy Discord color and title for the week! All that you have to do for that is, you know, actually cap first, then open up Discord and post that

20-Jul-2021 15:53:00 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:04:14 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Six Ways to Discord

Okay, there might not really be six ways... If you haven't heard of Discord, no, it's not us disagreeing about every little thing (like using the light/blindly white version) or a lack of musical harmony. Discord has different groups (servers) with a mix of channels where stuff like text, images, videos, etc. can be posted, along with being a voice chat program.

We've been using Discord since early 2016 and it's been a great resource for us! There's ways to customize the appearance to darker or lighter (but really...Light Discord?), scaling of text and layout if you prefer to see more at once or it's tough to see that tiny print, etc. We're pretty experienced with Discord if you have questions about getting started with it! All that being said, it is also completely optional if it doesn't sound like your thing.

We use Discord to post a ton of clan info, like our weekly event schedule, channels for pictures, competitions, and resources, roles for reminders about in-game stuff and our events, you name it!

We try to have plenty of ways to interact with your fellow clanmates on Discord, but also split enough that your corgi pictures aren't swallowed by a wave of content. I will say that we mostly use the channel side and voice only for certain events, so if it's important to have a bunch on voice all the time, might not be us.

As far as who is in the Discord server, we limit it to
our members and long term, trusted guests.

If you're a member looking to join it, just ask in-game and we'll get you added as quick as we can! If you're looking at clans or places to guest, no, we will not make exceptions for you. We're happy to chat about the server and be real about how we use it and how the interaction is. We just want to make sure our Discord is a great place for our community.

20-Jul-2021 15:55:00 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:04:30 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Seven Posts for Seven Ranks

Our ranks are based off a mix of points and then voting by our higher ranks. Until you reach Captain, it is points only for ranks. For General and higher, we vote and try to look at stuff like how you interact in the clan chat, how social you are, your involvement with events, bribes given, if you do citadel stuff, etc. If you're involved your rank will show it!

What earns points:
Citadel Visit
: 1pt
Citadel Resources:
0.5-1.5pt
Posting Caps on Discord:
1pt
Event Attendance:
1-4pt based off what it was and length of time
Leading an Event:
2pt
Competitions:
1-5pt depending on the type and length of time
Experience:
0.5 pt for every 1m xp earned (Capped at 5pt/week)

I know, I know, my eyes glazed over at all the numbers too. Don't worry though - we keep track of it all on a spreadsheet and are happy to give you updates if you ask. Otherwise just check periodically on #activity_log channel that it looks right for you!

The points expected for the automatic ranks:
Recruit to Corp:
5pt
Corp to Serg:
10pt while at Corp
Serg to Lieut:
20pt while at Serg
Lieut to Capt:
30pt while at Lieut
Capt to Gen:
40pt while at Capt

Once you make it to General, we vote on people to move up to Admin and higher. Basically our goal is to reward the people most engaged and participating with clan stuff the most! We're always happy to talk about your specific rank too if you're ever concerned :)

20-Jul-2021 15:59:14 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:04:41 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Eight Ranks a Week

I guess there's only five ranks here, huh? What, are we supposed to believe it's some sort of random title or something? Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder...

Anyway, once you reach
Admin
, we try to factor in what you've shown leadership wise for moving up. We want to make sure that not only are you involved with the clan, but that you set a good example and are wanting to help shape who we are as a clan.

For
Organizer
, we're looking for people who are active across multiple areas and that we think are great representatives for us. Like I mentioned above, we also look to people at Org+ to be the ones that we can ask about clan stuff to get some feedback.

For the ranks from
Coordinator
Overseer
, and
Deputy Owner
we try to look much more case by case. We want these people to be the leaders that everyone can see, know, and interact with. Generally these are people leading events, very involved, and have shown us that they want to have their voice heard for the behind the scenes stuff. No two people are the same in their leadership style and their interaction, so it's just giving us a chance to see what yours is!

We do our discussion and votes on these ranks once a month, but we're always happy to chat with you about your rank. Just give one of us keys a PM/DM anytime!

20-Jul-2021 16:01:24 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:04:52 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Inactivity Portion No. 9

Our goal is to keep an active group of members, which means we do some type of inactivity system. However, it's set up so that the longer you've been in the clan and the higher rank you've reached, the more lenient it is. Hopefully long enough to come back and get back into the swing of things. :) Since we use points, the inactivity relies on that too.

If you know you'll be gone for an extended time,
please let us know!
We would love to be more lenient if we know a why, it's just tough when we can't tell the difference between not that into RS at the moment or you're going on a world tour with your prize poodle. We just have to default to assume the first unless we hear about it!

We'll take it more case by case on higher (Admin+) ranks, but for the people still working their way up there, we look at those who have gotten 0 points over 8+ weeks as demotion candidates. That means no citadel, under 1M xp, no events, no competitions for 8+ weeks. Basically means you're just not logging in at that point. At that point, you can go down one rank then the clock resets for the next. We're no longer kicking for long-term inactivity, but we'll definitely be more lenient about keeping your rank if we know why!

20-Jul-2021 16:02:11 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:05:02 by Cass andra

Cass andra
Mar Member 2023

Cass andra

Ten out of Ten Doctors Recommend

It's true! I asked 10 doctors and they all either gave glowing reviews or they didn't say we weren't great. With trusted advice like that, you know you can't go wrong.

So, you're at the end. Awesome. Wow. Do you have a clue what happens now?

First off, hats off to you if you read through this all. A ton of info because we like to be as transparent as we can. If you just skimmed it, that's okay too, I mean I'm not crying. But your first step should be popping in the clan chat as a guest and say hi to us! Maybe tell us about your favorite type of pie or come to a pie baking event, which we totally do. Like all the time.

Once you've guested and gotten an idea about us, hopefully it's a good one! Next you got the application, the term paper, and make sure it's all annotated If it is, there's nothing else you need to do! Just spend a couple of days with us and then ask in chat or PM one of us to come swing by and invite you. Trust me, a couple of days flies by, especially if we're really the clan for you!

If you have any further questions/concerns/ideas/recipes to share, please do not hesitate to guest or contact any of us. Hope to see you in chat!

20-Jul-2021 16:02:51 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 16:05:11 by Cass andra

Quick find code: 290-291-11-66222664 Back to Top