Forums

Forum Tag idea

Quick find code: 278-279-977-66208970

Wraathz
Dec Member 2022

Wraathz

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good evening everyone,

I came up with an idea, which probably was already given in the forums, however, I didn't find it.

The idea basicaly is to be able to tag someone and when the user enters the forum has a X number of notifications and can navigate automaticaly to the post he was tagged in.

I don't know if this is something doable but I thought it was a good idea to implement.

Best regards everyone and stay safe.

SirWrathz
Time is a blessing. Make the best out of it!

23-Mar-2021 23:48:12

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This would work well if the forums had a notification system, topic subscriptions, etc.

I'm sure I've seen this suggested before as well. The truth is, the forums need an overhaul. The web team knows it and have admitted they'd love to, but it's just not high on the priority list of things that need to be done. Which is understandable because they do work, technically speaking, as-is (inb4titles which is not a necessary function). Coding up new features for a niche corner of the community when there are other things that need to be done (or fixed that are broken) for the entire brand means we must wait some time.

Acknowledging that fact, I still believe this and many other community ideas would be fantastic for the forums to help modernize them and bring more relevancy to them. I look forward to seeing many updates to the forums when it is possible to do so.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

24-Mar-2021 00:11:18

Quick find code: 278-279-977-66208970 Back to Top