Forums

customer support contact? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 278-279-974-66200306

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"If you are dissatisfied with a Jagex Product or any aspect of it, please contact us via the customer support section of the Jagex Product website"

Where do we find this on the RuneScape website?

Like, where in the customer support section can we leave feedback about RuneScape?
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

27-Jan-2021 04:04:35

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Like, okay, so I click the "support" link at the top right of the website, and then I search for "complaint" which leads to this page:

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=complaint

I click the first link "Contact Customer Support" (as it says "if you would like to make a complaint" ) and it brings me to this page:

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209198029-Contact-Customer-Support

On that page it says:
Original message details are unavailable.
If you would like to make a complaint please see section 20 of our Terms and Conditions.

27-Jan-2021 04:10:32 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2021 04:11:18 by NexOrigin

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

So I click the link to the T&C and section 20 says:

20. GENERAL
These Terms and any document incorporated by reference constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersede any previous terms between the parties in relation to such matters. The limitations, exclusions and restrictions in these Terms shall inure to the benefit of Jagex's licensors, successor and assigns. These Terms are drafted in the English language and may be translated into other languages. The English language version of these Terms shall prevail if there is a conflict or inconsistency or clarification required with other language versions. The headings in these Terms are for ease of reference only and shall be disregarded in construing or interpreting the Terms. If we fail to enforce any provision of these Terms, that failure will not preclude us from enforcing either that provision (or any similar provision) on a later occasion. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court to be invalid, we agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and that other provisions remain in full force and effect. We may transfer all or part of our rights or duties under these Terms provided we take reasonable steps to ensure that your rights under these Terms are not prejudiced. As these Terms are personal to you, you may not transfer any of your rights or duties under it without our prior written consent. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no rights to enforce any its terms. These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales. You and we both agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute connected with these Terms or the Jagex Products.

27-Jan-2021 04:10:51

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

Posts: 8,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And if they told you there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, would you believe them too? ;)

I always take “defences” of that nature with a pinch of salt anyway. Anyway, I myself have submitted my so-called “complaint” through a special channel now. I’d be interested in sharing the results of it with you guys, as I believe it may well be within the public interest to review.

After all, we are relevant stakeholders in how this forum should serve the community and it would be poor practice for the powers that be to silence those stakeholders if the risk of disorder remains low (which it has been and continues to be). There is often inappropriate conflation between personal feelings and risk of disorder these days, but I’m not going to delve into the details of that right here and now.

27-Jan-2021 08:40:26

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

2_Tron said :
here
Okay, so I clicked the link, and "Contact Customer Support" is at the top of the list, so I click it... and... we're back to this page:

NexOrigin said :
https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209198029-Contact-Customer-Support

On that page it says:
If you would like to make a complaint please see section 20 of our Terms and Conditions.

27-Jan-2021 09:30:29

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's why I mentioned 'dissatisfied with the Company' is making you end on a brick wall.

This has been so since Andrew Gower sold his share and Jagex being taken over.

However, ... no matter how many 'crash-landings' we make ... posts/threads - locked/hidden - feedback removed ... everything 'will make a detour at Jagex' coming under the noses of those you are trying to reach out for.
Although it would look as it takes extremely lots of time it doesn't go faster than other ways around.

27-Jan-2021 09:48:40

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

2_Tron said :
That's why I mentioned 'dissatisfied with the Company' is making you end on a brick wall.
Are you saying that if I wish to make a formal complaint, there isn't an appropriate channel that I'm welcome to submit it through?

27-Jan-2021 10:34:05

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's a few different ways in which you can complain, depending on the context of the complaint.

For example, a complaint against action that a Moderator has made on the forums goes through Forum Moderator Review (as you know). Jagex reviews these periodically to double check the actions raised.

Should you not be satisfied with the outcome of that then the Terms and Conditions cover a situation in which you want to take it a step further, which happens to be the second sentence of section 22. (Complaints), the section which you already mentioned in your original post;

"If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, please write to our registered office above providing us with the following information: your name, username, email address, the full details of your complaint, Jagex’s previous response to your complaint and why you disagree with the outcome. Please mark the letter for the attention of the “Customer Support Complaints Team”."

With that in mind, this thread is now locked.

Thanks
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

27-Jan-2021 14:33:15

Quick find code: 278-279-974-66200306 Back to Top