Forums

Zendesk account?

Quick find code: 278-279-924-66203991

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there any purpose to creating a Zendesk account in the support section of the website?

I made one, but, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I see no difference to being logged in, and articles that require logging to view (such as articles that include submitting info to Jagex) require a RuneScape account, not a Zendesk account.

Is there a purpose to it? Or is it just leftover from the canned Zendesk installation?
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

18-Feb-2021 17:34:52

Rev The Wiz
Sep Member 2023

Rev The Wiz

Posts: 5,529 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's a good question tbh. I don't think it has an intended purpose (I could be wrong), but if I were to guess, it could be where users can track / submit inquiries through the support centre or the latter from your statement. I don't recall having to direct a user to login through there before so ..... :shrug: Maula may know the answer.
RTW
»
::.
General
of Silent Knight
.::
Recruiting

18-Feb-2021 18:13:27

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Rev The Wiz said :
it could be where users can track / submit inquiries through the support centre or the latter from your statement.
I was assuming that there would be new options or settings upon logging in, possibly to track/submit as you mentioned, but, no new options are displayed. It's virtually the same page, except when you're logged in, it won't display the "log into RuneScape" panel. There's not even a logout button, or anything to indicate that you're logged in.

18-Feb-2021 18:30:58

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,670 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
Is there a purpose to it? Or is it just leftover from the canned Zendesk installation?

Zendesk was never canned, the support center is still powered by Zendesk.

It's a feature the system has that companies can use if they want registration before use and don't have their own user accounts to import in, or to be able to use features Zendesk offers which require a user account (login restricted pages, community forums, etc).

There really isn't a purpose for it for RS though which is why it only pops up if you try to load a page that was hidden, and all other login required pages use the Jagex SSO login portal.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

19-Feb-2021 15:56:53

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

YtHaar-Mej said :
NexOrigin said :

Zendesk was never canned, the support center is still powered by Zendesk.
No, I mean "canned" as in "canned packed" as in "prebuilt framework", not canceled. Sorry for the confusion.

YtHaar-Mej said :
There really isn't a purpose for it for RS though which is why it only pops up if you try to load a page that was hidden
Hmm. That's interesting. That may explain why I came across it, whereas normally, I've never come across the login panel when using the support center.

Thanks!

19-Feb-2021 16:06:49

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Maynne said :
I have no idea what's going on. So what I'll do is to raise this to the higher-ups, hopefully they will find time to clarify this out.
I appreciate it, but I think YtHaar-Mej explained it all.

I know how I got there, why I got there, and what the purpose was, so I'm good.

Thanks tho Lou, I appreciate it. :)

19-Feb-2021 19:05:28

Quick find code: 278-279-924-66203991 Back to Top