Forums

Small suggestion for forums

Quick find code: 278-279-677-66289722

PerYngve
Aug Member 2023

PerYngve

Posts: 8,195 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi everyone.

I just have a small suggestion for the RSOF. I've always found it inconvenient to check replies on threads. There is no notification system anywhere; not even if anyone quotes your post. Even my clan's website has this function and it is so handy.

I think it'd be cool if we were notified if...

1. Someone replies/quotes your post.
2. A moderator hides/replies to your post.
3. Your thread is moved.

I'm sure there are other useful notifications, too. I wonder if it'd be difficult for Jagex to implement something like this. Thoughts??
PerYng**

02-Nov-2023 14:12:32 - Last edited on 02-Nov-2023 14:21:04 by PerYngve

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, PerYngve.

It isn't difficult for Jagex to implement something like this; it's just that their attention has shifted somewhere else for the past several years. Many eons ago, when social media wasn't really flourishing like it is right now, we used to enjoy over 1,000 active users at any given time here on the Forums. Obviously, we also had over 20 Jagex Moderators from the Community Management team engaging with the community here. We are lucky if we get 5 or 10 now. As of this post, I can only see two (2) active users online . That's pretty sad:

In any case, whenever it comes to threads regarding potential updates to the RuneScape Forums as a whole, I always like to quote
Mod Lyon
's response regarding these suggestions:

Mod Lyon said :
Hey [name removed],

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Some new and not so new suggestions there.

I think there are some we're more likely to think about than others, I don't feel the "active users now" is accurate and just leads to some of our users misunderstanding because of it, for example so we'd leave any further activity monitor our of updates and frankly probably get rid of the existing one. It doesn't add much value.

Notifications on the other hand, definitely a must have from the community minded JMods if we had free reign over these updates.

Like [name removed] shared, the forums aren't [regrettably] our current priority, and we're working hard on some big development sized work at the moment. I'll keep your thread on our community suggestions notes though and relay this to the rest of the team, if we manage to get round to updating these hallowed halls .

Thanks,
Mod Lyon

02-Nov-2023 15:58:42

PerYngve
Aug Member 2023

PerYngve

Posts: 8,195 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Mrs Ana,

Thank you so much for your response. I especially appreciate the insight as to the JMod response. Very helpful to read that.

Yes, I remember a time when the forums were booming with activity. Years and years ago. It was quite fun to post back then. Now, if you check the forums regularly like I do, it's really dead. REALLY dead. It's sad.
PerYng**

03-Nov-2023 10:41:48

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PerYngve said :
it's really dead. REALLY dead. It's sad.

it definitely is sad knowing what it once was.

Mrs Ana said :
Yea, it's depressing. I believe that the Forums are still standing due to the members of the community that have been here for ages and have never left. You know who you are ;) .

200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

03-Nov-2023 23:14:22 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2023 23:16:59 by Tenebri

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
Mrs Ana said :
Yea, it's depressing. I believe that the Forums are still standing due to the members of the community that have been here for ages and have never left. You know who you are ;) .
*grabs a bailing bucket*

Let's do this!
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

04-Nov-2023 04:06:41

Quick find code: 278-279-677-66289722 Back to Top