Forums

Error Code 15

Quick find code: 278-279-60-66191577

Gaarden

Gaarden

Posts: 162 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Instead of taking over someone else's thread, I'll start a new one of my own. For the past 2 hours I've been unable to access my Message Centre to read official messages sent to me by Jagex. I keep seeing the likes of "Access Denied," "Error Code 15" and "blocked by security rules" whenever attempted on either this one (my main) or on my Ironman. I did a power cycle on my modem to refresh everything (including my IP Address) to see if that could fix anything and it didn't, I'm still unable to read the official messages in either inbox. Now I've seen at least two other people on this forum so far with the same problem so it isn't just me. Is it something Jagex needs to fix with their website? I don't know...

Edit: I also restarted my laptop after doing the power cycle and it still didn't solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't think this is in the Support part of the website!

01-Dec-2020 03:11:02 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2020 03:47:45 by Gaarden

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there,

When it comes to issues that are affecting numerous users, it's almost best really to consolidate all information into a single thread so that the information exchange can occur in one place for everyone to try proposed solutions. On the other hand, when it comes to account- or user-specific issues such as technical support (installing/configuring the game), account issues (such as bans/hijacking), or billing issues or other such matters in the Community Led Support forums, unique threads for each person is recommended as the feedback will vary based on specific user need.

That being said, this is definitely an issue on the Jagex side and likely has to do with one of their website protection systems designed to prevent unauthorized activity across the various sections of the site. When I was getting this error, I would receive it when trying to log in - I wasn't even getting into the Account Management page, let alone anywhere near my inbox.

It looks like you saw my feedback on the other thread as far as what seemed to work for me, so continuing along those lines - have you tried to clear your browser cache? Furthermore, do you have a mobile device that you can utilize the mobile data connection (not your wifi as that would use the same connection as your PC) to attempt to access your message centre?
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

01-Dec-2020 04:54:10

Gaarden

Gaarden

No, I knew what I was doing in creating this thread because hijacking someone else's thread for myself is innapropriate behavior and it was only in two different threads for two different people so I wanted to create one for my own problem. Anyway, I was able to access my Message Centre using Chrome instead of Firefox. I deleted all the cache from both web browsers but still find myself unable to access it using Firefox but Chrome works just fine. This seems to be an issue with Firefox.

Edit: I never had a problem accessing the Message Centre using 4 different web browsers (3 ones other than Firefox on my laptop and 1 different one that also isn't Firefox on mobile) so only Firefox seems to be affected.

Edit 2: Following this logic I would say the problem has been solved, I can access my Message Centre using any browser other than Firefox (which is my default browser so that's a shame). I'm sure Jagex can fix it so that it works in Firefox again. Whether anyone else was using Firefox or not I don't know but that did solve the issue for me at least.

01-Dec-2020 05:34:57 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2020 05:53:31 by Gaarden

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Glad that you got it working. I only use Chrome on my computers and devices, so I can say for sure that it happens with Chrome too and is not just a Firefox issue.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

01-Dec-2020 06:41:44

Gaarden

Gaarden

Thanks for all the help! Maybe this only affects the browser you use the most (Chrome in your case)? It'd have the most cache in it at least, and could potentially contain a corrupted file or two in it preventing certain website features from working. I cleared the cache but it's possible that I missed something or it could just be a temporary malfunction on their end. In any case I know now that to avoid the problem in future I can try using a different browser if the one I'm using has issues, it's good to learn things!

01-Dec-2020 07:25:07

Quick find code: 278-279-60-66191577 Back to Top