Forums

Follow

Quick find code: 278-279-474-66222846

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Follow" can be used to either follow a thread for when the OP or even someone comments on it. which can be chosen when you follow it if you want just op or all posts.

an example of this is maybe a goals and achievements thread you want to know when the op has updated it and want to know what they have now achieved etc.
or even on a forum game thread you dont want the count reaching a certain number.

the notification will be under "my profile" there can be a list of any follows that occured and you can go through them there.

possibly you could follow a certain poster. and when they post a new thread youll get a notification in your profile list there.

there have been some threads ive been wanting to keep up to date with and this would be helpful, same with some posters i like to read their responses to things.

the following a certain poster maybe a bit much, but the thread one im sure can be very helpful

hopefully ive explained it this right, i was un a rush typing it as i got to go soon, but wanted to post it before i forgot
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

22-Jul-2021 10:00:04 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2022 17:42:54 by Tenebri

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting idea.

I've seen ideas about allowing thread subscriptions (to be notified when a subscribed thread has received responses), but this takes the idea a step further by essentially allowing one to subscribe to a person - or, rather, have the "follow" system auto-subscribe you to threads created by the person.

I think it's a good idea to consider adding to the suggested feature set of the future RSOF.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

23-Jul-2021 22:13:29

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spearmint30 said :
Interesting idea.

I think it's a good idea to consider adding to the suggested feature set of the future RSOF.

indeed whether its possible or not im not sure. if it is then fantastic, if its not then hopefully when rsof gets an upgrade which it needs. hopefully this would be a apart of it
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

24-Jul-2021 19:30:31

Quick find code: 278-279-474-66222846 Back to Top