Forums

"Blocked by security rules"

Quick find code: 278-279-146-66191545

HerbieG
Dec Member 2019

HerbieG

Posts: 582 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I logged into Old School and saw I had a Jagex message (I assume a membership payment), so I clicked on it and was sent to an error page that said "This Request Blocked by the Security Rules."
So, I opened a new tab, went to the main page, logged in, and tried to check my account messages. Same thing.
Looks like you have some kind of error in your messaging pages....kind of scary to see that error page, so you might want to fix it quickly.

30-Nov-2020 22:46:41

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, I've gotten it too. I was stuck getting it all day long there for a few days about two weeks ago (give or take).

I seemed to be able to "fix" the error by disconnecting and reconnecting to my service provider (thus changing my dynamic IP address) by power-cycling my router at home or, in the case of my mobile device, simply rebooting it.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

01-Dec-2020 02:13:30

Gaarden

Gaarden

Posts: 162 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just did a power cycle with my modem (refreshed everything including IP Address) to see if that could fix it and it didn't. I still have the same "Acess Denied" and "Error Code 15" show up. I'm thinking it's something on Jagex's end now.

01-Dec-2020 02:51:17

Mexk
Aug
fmod Member

Mexk

Forum Moderator Posts: 19,605 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So without having seen the specific error you guys are getting, the "Error code 15: This request was blocked by the security rules" can, in fact, be due to a local issue on your Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and 10) installation. If you are not using a VPN, and your anti-virus is not blocking RuneScape nor the redirection itself, it might be that your date and time settings are incorrect. To synchronise, do Windows Key + R, type timedate.cpl and hit enter. Go to the Internet Time tab and Change Settings. Click Update now from whatever auto-selected Windows time server.
¸,.•
Mexk
•.,¸

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone
¨`'°«„¸¸„»°'
'°«„¸¸„»°'´¨

01-Dec-2020 21:29:48

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mexk said :
So without having seen the specific error you guys are getting, the "Error code 15: This request was blocked by the security rules" can, in fact, be due to a local issue on your Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and 10) installation. If you are not using a VPN, and your anti-virus is not blocking RuneScape nor the redirection itself, it might be that your date and time settings are incorrect. To synchronise, do Windows Key + R, type timedate.cpl and hit enter. Go to the Internet Time tab and Change Settings. Click Update now from whatever auto-selected Windows time server.
I get it more often on my mobile device than I do on my PC's, in all honesty.

I usually don't get to a time and date issue until people report having to log in every time they navigate a page or some other side-effect.

The only problem I'm having narrowing down an issue on my end is lack of reliable consistency/reproducibility. I'm far more likely to be able to log in and use the site with no issue than I am to experience this error and while I'm happy with that fact, it does make it hard to hone in on a fix or at least make a quality report.

Edit: This is what it looks like:
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

02-Dec-2020 00:51:22 - Last edited on 03-Dec-2020 00:39:41 by Spearmint30

SaltyFrog
Mar Member 2014

SaltyFrog

Posts: 1,521 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am getting this error, the one pictured above, when trying to log in to the mobile game using an android device with my iphone's hotspot. I think my boss did something to the server :D

03-Dec-2020 18:49:22 - Last edited on 03-Dec-2020 19:20:22 by SaltyFrog

The contents of this message have been hidden.

08-Dec-2020 04:46:35

Quick find code: 278-279-146-66191545 Back to Top