Forums

How do I report on Forums?

Quick find code: 278-279-104-66176990

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Go to community home and post on 'forum help'.
The FMods will look into it.

If you have a problem with the decision of an FMod, there is a 'forum moderation review' thread, also in community home.

Read the rules on how to format your post at the front of both of those threads though, or your post might be ignored.

25-Aug-2020 08:12:41

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryanaintdyin said :
There is a player harassing me, and insulting me repeatedly. I don't know how to report him.
Hello Ryanaintdyin, if you are talking about a player harassing/insulting you in RuneScape, regardless of the players' status, it is best & only done in RuneScape through the report system in there that will provide Jagex the necessary evidence of the issue at hand.
Going to report something done in RuneScape through The RSOF it will only make you hit a huge brick wall of defense. You can't report in-game issues, done in RuneScape, here in The RSOF.

Issues created here in The RSOF can be reported in Forum Help & Forum Moderation Review.

25-Aug-2020 10:39:33

2_Tron

2_Tron

The sad part of this whole matter is, now this player has a bad experience in RuneScape and is finished off in The RSOF muted/banned having the worsed experience in years.
It is soo easy to miss-read and blame players for their behavior. :(

25-Aug-2020 10:51:10

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Ryanaintdyin: Hello there!

Usually, whenever I encounter something like this, I make good use of the Ignore List. It's the best immediate weapon that you have at your disposal to deal with such a menacing scenario. Furthermore, if you are able to, you may send in an in-game report using the Report Abuse feature. This will capture the perpetrator's behavior so that it may be investigated by Jagex.

Personally, I do not pay mind to online trolls. Yes, I agree they may be extremely annoying sometimes, but I do not let a stranger get to me. It's an online game and I do not even know the person on the other side of the screen. For that reason, I simply ignore and if possible, I send in a report so that Jagex may deal with them accordingly.

Edit: It seems like you may have already been advised by Forum Moderators to make use of the Forum Moderation Review V3 to privately share your concerns with a Jagex Moderator.

25-Aug-2020 14:33:44 - Last edited on 25-Aug-2020 14:37:04 by Mrs Ana

anchor smith

anchor smith

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i just want to know how i can report someone with a screenshot as proof.
Im not satisfied about just reporting people with the report system. nothing changed after a report. several botter/macro accounts are still online years after being reported.
i have a screenshot ready just to show you how they do it these days.

dont act like u dont have bots ruining this amazing game because at least 20% is bots so fix it

28-Dec-2021 06:41:45

2_Tron

2_Tron

anchor smith said :
i just want to know how i can report someone with a screenshot as proof.
Im not satisfied about just reporting people with the report system. nothing changed after a report. several botter/macro accounts are still online years after being reported.
i have a screenshot ready just to show you how they do it these days.

dont act like u dont have bots ruining this amazing game because at least 20% is bots so fix it
You can't report someone with a screenshot as proof.

Screenshots can be manipulated and doing research about the validity of a screenshot it makes a JMod's Job longer/more exhausting.

The moment you report a player in RuneScape, Jagex has a system in working that records all necessary details to make a case against reported account if said account has been reported correct.

So extra pictures/videos are useless at this point as you have no knowledge whatelse does matter, in case of reporting players.

That you are dissatified about the results of your report can go multiple ways.

- you have reported a player 'assuming' they did something wrong but in fact they play within the '
Rules of RuneScape
'

- you have reported a player correctly but time is of the essence Jagex/JMods are busy doing loads of reports and have to catch-up before reaching to your report

- you have reported a player correctly but Jagex/JMods decide to leave the account running for the time being to find out more about other rule breaking actions of reported account

- you have reported a player correctly but Jagex/JMods are searching for the nucleus of the network Jagex/JMods like to unravel/expose or if reported account has more connections to other networks

- you have reported a player correctly but Jagex/JMods decide to keep reported player in the loop for further future research

28-Dec-2021 08:56:57

Quick find code: 278-279-104-66176990 Back to Top