Forums

my vote on iron, alt, clone

Quick find code: 259-260-995-66262707

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I ultimately feel like "iron" mode should restrict the players to an iron only & quickchat only world or worlds.

"iron btw" is not simply a meme. its the moment when I yell angrily about being asked dumb questions like "where do I get a brine sabre?" and I answer "from ge" and havent taken note of their badges and they end our relationship with "iron btw."

they all use overlays, boost, and take as of yet unimpugned use of wealth transfer services (not secret & all over discord) after enjoying not simply better iron luck, but permissions to use VIP servers...

and I do want to condition that I sorta get how female players who want to seem legit feel like being iron immunizes them to mansplaining, but...

this update today... I do plan to do some undercity with some of the irons I made friends with for croesus, but I wish they played the real game, not iron mode, and didnt make me look dumb asking questions like "does the ring of death work for irons?" because its not that I don't know... I have never cared.

I scream internally every time one of them calls my account a "main" implying I use cheats like flocked soloduo extra cannon consolation prize gamers. I am HORRIFIED that jagex has recently given p mod crowns to players who flock cheat with clone armies. I don't see how that passed consideration of the optics. WHY would a new player continue if they knew that was permissable endgame? Thats bad for the game. It really is.

so...
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

20-Sep-2022 19:14:46

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

so if you are going to surprise us with removal of bad luck mitigation from real accounts for under macro ready p7 wins still not policed or pruned from ranking leaderboards...

maybe remove all of the iron luck.

and give irons a chance to become real players as a one way out from the mockery of a modality I tend to call mad jackal (and/or knife only) that was a thing we did in the late 1980s and 1990s when not so many games came out, and we wanted to make the good games last longer.

runescape has PLENTY to do, and being badgered by groupthink hordes of rustywhore mode players (nee ironmen) is long overdue for a celebration in and of itself.

mod jack let ryan delineate trim comp from igneous kal capes... without a protest. sorry, but... bordello employed ladies with OF pages will exchange 100 bucks for 3 stones as perhaps pitiable attempt to gather escape funds... but how am I even there asked to do the mental gymnastics? cape sales should be less nudge nudge wink wink, and there shoulda been outcry to rarify the abusers. instead crickets.

afaik there is not a not-so-secret pricetag for the "grind" cape because its too many hours... so... trim on a real account is visibly more and more the most legit kind of goal.

goals like... skiller pure, iron, alt, clone army, or fsw mtx enthusiast... those shouldnt be goals at all, and I shouldnt need to consider optics dignifying those modalities.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

20-Sep-2022 19:20:53 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2022 19:32:45 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

NOTHING is being done to the super visible clans that bully applicants to adopt the use of macros.

it doesnt seem like the silent majority of not in a clan players know, but... they know. 90% of the traffic to the rs reddit are lurkers, not contributors. we should be able to agree about that...

so likewise... the abuses left unpoliced... do prospective players know? are they doing due dilligence and checking 'do people cheat at this game?' before they subscribe... gonna have to say yes. yes they are.

the game grows better when its policed a little better than it is now.

20-Sep-2022 19:23:04

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I really really wanted to wait and not complain about how macro ready p7 is until we saw alllll the slots for the puzzle box, but...

today's update makes it harder to get people to come do full undercity with me. not easier. I am moreso mildly annoyed because I will have to try twice as hard to coax players to a decent array of enemies at 99% enrage undercity than to simply grind out 50% skips... and even that has now taken a bad hit.

paid gamers and macro abusers are a tail wagging the dog right now.

20-Sep-2022 19:25:53

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

also change the name of the comp cape to the runescore cape already.

tired of reading the spreadsheet warriors type nonsense like "complete is complete"

it shouldnt be possible to empty flex so hard on this "true trim" crap either, and HELLLLLLL no I do not want yall to adopt the model for the 120 cape with little floating party hats.

phats are nothing but symbol for item duped junk to me.
one thing I truly do like about osrs more than rs3 is the lowered value of those "rares." lord I hate rares. its a market rife with fraud maintained by "price fixing" cabals... and the only good thing I have seen them do in forever is that suity stopped reporting prices for anything over max.

edit/add: maybe my last postscript. every single time I post something like "I dont like iron mode" to the HLF it gets protested and hidden, and Im sure it will this time too. Thats why I am fully venting my spleen.

edit/add2:
Chee
is a great example of exception. Loved playin Croesus with iron Chee, but I filter how I am not offended by her anti main ironness in much the same way I hope she aint offended by what has to be my vote on iron coplay. come play ed4 with me please while we can.

20-Sep-2022 19:30:22 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2022 21:34:39 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I am btw parleying with that bordello chick to send her farther away to college and safe from her captors... in exchange for nothing... as my best attempt to get her to STOP helping yankee weebs cheat at rs3.

I gave her POC at college. Thats worth something, but given for free... since Jagex isnt going to ban her, or strip the capes off players who got them with a uniquely conspicuous IP logged from a totally different country.

I am NOT doing that for altruism. I am the FARTHEST thing from a magdalen laundry abducting "wayward women." I am saying... no matter how hard I look... I have not found one world 3 type player with an OF page etc who plays rs3 legit. They cheat at all of it so far, and that makes it hard for me to make good on a pledge to ally myself to anyone who annoys the pope.

I am similarly antithesis in every way to all MRA, neckbeard, meninist types who are invariably short, chubby, bristling under chin merkins with ewok pride, and shuffling in shabby running trainers. Dont any of those lionize me. So help me... I am not your shield. I do hope I get hidden by forum mods before any of you nerds can datamine my words and parrot me again.

reminds me why I use HLF at all. its not hashed by google. Im just willing to argue with other hi level rs3 addicts a little, and let the jmods filter it. I dont want to write a word for reddit and see that hashed by search engines and find my words parroted by those extremely unwise to want new meritocracies.

20-Sep-2022 19:41:24

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

it hurts the game to act like nothing is wrong.

you know why we can't do live judged tournaments, and why rs still doesnt look like it can ever be e-sport.

21-Sep-2022 16:01:19

Quick find code: 259-260-995-66262707 Back to Top