Forums

acc sharing

Quick find code: 259-260-932-66057736

PhdnAfk
Jan Member 2023

PhdnAfk

Posts: 2,108 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
can i get a jmod opinion on the rules of account sharing if i want to use someones account for just pking and minigames on old school rs? not gonna use it to gain ranks or anything like that, i know lots of people do it but i dont want my friends account getting banned or mine for doing something like this Osrs bulk supplier (retired)

05-Nov-2018 10:28:36

One Option
Sep Member 2020

One Option

Posts: 9,512 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
if you don't want to get banned then don't do it, it is against rules to share accounts even if other people do it, if they get caught they pay consequences for it. and since you have officially asked on forums regarding this issue i would assume that your account "might" get watched \ checked by Jagex anytime now

05-Nov-2018 11:02:59

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Acc sharing is against the rules. If somebody takes any screenshots of you on each other's account, you could get banned. As clan leader I encountered this with members. Any members of my clan caught acc sharing got kicked from clan.

05-Nov-2018 15:52:39

Mr Rey Ray
May Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 6,274 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Officially, account sharing is against the rules.

Jagex don't really enforce this rule, however. The rule is mostly there to discourage account sharing, as the ownership of an account can be a blurred line if it's a shared account, as it'll be hard to tell who is the real owner.

I'd imagine there's a very, very tiny risk of Jagex actually punishing account sharing, so as long as the ownership of the account is something that all parties agree on, you should be just fine.
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

05-Nov-2018 22:03:14

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Rey Ray said :
Officially, account sharing is against the rules.

Jagex don't really enforce this rule, however. The rule is mostly there to discourage account sharing, as the ownership of an account can be a blurred line if it's a shared account, as it'll be hard to tell who is the real owner.

I'd imagine there's a very, very tiny risk of Jagex actually punishing account sharing, so as long as the ownership of the account is something that all parties agree on, you should be just fine.

I have seen videos of accounts being banned account sharing to help people get capes like fire cape. In fact that was actually rwt as well. As for account sharing where it is of little to no unfair advantage, then possibly Jagex does not really care.

06-Nov-2018 04:59:13

C0re
Dec Member 2019

C0re

Posts: 3,733 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
oldschool rules actually say account sharing is fine but on rs3 its bannable. kinda double standards tho i just think make another acc as its hardly safe to share.

12-Nov-2018 12:56:10 - Last edited on 12-Nov-2018 12:56:42 by C0re

Quick find code: 259-260-932-66057736 Back to Top