Forums

learn from my th mistake

Quick find code: 259-260-794-66137633

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

so yesterday I landed this (pic is 3x lucky chaotic spear win) at treasure hunter, and it gave me enough pause to take a screenshot. I didn't know if this was possible, and in my moment of shock/disbelief/doubt I made a decision I regret.

- I didnt know, for sure, that purple could ever be affected by multipliers
- I wasn't sure if I already had chaotic spear

so I converted to 3k oddments. bad choice.

turns out that yeah lucky chaotic spear was one of the first things I ever won as purple from th, but it was from before diango kept a log, and thus also subtracted it from pool of things I could possibly win in the future (and btw I have already won, destroyed, and see all broken chaotics at diango except for the spear), and thats kinda my goal since I do actually want a lucky armadyl crossbow mh to complete my lucky armadyl set (I have helm, body, leg, and oh xb). I mean... I dont want it real bad... its just a background thing I been toying with for a few years. I like the idea I have things bound to me a lot, but so far I aint really had to rely on any lucky items, and I might never. Its not a great big deal.

so if yer reading and you kinda know what I mean... now you know that yes, multipliers work, and no, you wont get offered something by th win something that you already have kinda bound to you stored by diango.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

07-Jan-2020 15:15:54 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2020 15:17:14 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I hesitated. I thought because I had got that chaotic spear before that it was logged. I couldnt remember. I thought maybe I was getting it like that because with a 3x it didnt count.

So yeah I took the oddments, and I was wrong. Sigh.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

11-Jan-2020 18:52:38

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I gotta say, too, that I don't think purple in the future -should- be affected by multipliers. what does it even mean if you win 3 lucky item whatever? You would only use one, theyre not tradeable, they dont convert to coin if you die in wildy, and they dont get lost.

I mean maybe some pk dude is like "naw dude you could have 3 lucky chaotic spears to risk in wildy for nothing this way" or something, but idk. it seems kinda wonky. I wouldnt even.

11-Jan-2020 18:55:08

C a z
Jul Member 2005

C a z

Posts: 4,261 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As you converted it you still don't have it, therefore i assume you can still get it again? Remember Caz. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

14-Jan-2020 18:29:13

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
I gotta say, too, that I don't think purple in the future -should- be affected by multipliers. what does it even mean if you win 3 lucky item whatever? You would only use one, theyre not tradeable, they dont convert to coin if you die in wildy, and they dont get lost.

I mean maybe some pk dude is like "naw dude you could have 3 lucky chaotic spears to risk in wildy for nothing this way" or something, but idk. it seems kinda wonky. I wouldnt even.

you get 1 lucky item then youd get oddments for the others in this case x2 oddments of a purple
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

14-Jan-2020 19:23:36

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

yeah I can get it again. thats actually the problem. improving my odds to get lucky armadyl mh someday... I need to get rid of other purples. I have all the other lucky chaotics destroyed at diango already. Im gettin there.

20-Jan-2020 22:32:13

Sci
Aug Member 2008

Sci

Posts: 612 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uniques on multipliers give you one item and Alice tosses the extras into her rare item wood chipper with no compensation, oddments or otherwise. Had it happen a couple times back during the rocket event 3 weeks ago. Look in the spoiler.
Why are you taking orders from a signature?

21-Jan-2020 20:52:59 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2020 20:54:13 by Sci

Quick find code: 259-260-794-66137633 Back to Top