Forums

rs3 shibboleth survey

Quick find code: 259-260-692-66113644

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First of all I need to cite "shibboleth" for our dutch pals. They will think I mean idioms, slang, ebonics or something, and I don't exactly. I mean things that are signs of older playstyles that will still do as means by which signalling ourselves veteran. Um... read the definition anyways.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shibboleth

1. So the most conspicuous funny shibboleth still going on is that players will have stuff equipped, but display themselves with their gear hidden. Thats from a time when it was prudent to bank degrading gear lest it take random event hits. Older players do it, younger players copy it, and then... the unwelcome phenomenon part of it is that the younger players, useful sycophants that they sometimes are for their clans, will say things like "dur.... fashionscape" if someone has other cosmetics displayed.

2. follow dancing. I think it looks a lot more like something else to new players. again random events could abduct you once upon a time, so follow dancing was like... you could tell if someone whisked away to a maze, and delay your next entry for text.

idk. I stop there. I do want to survey y'all. what other shibboleths you see, and how have they transmogrified?
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

30-Jul-2019 17:27:31

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
something I can't quite do anymore because of the new slots and aura changes but I like to have all of my equipment slots filled with something , anything, idk if this is a strategic thing (maybe that equipped glory teleport will be useful) or just an OCD thing lol

mostly if I 'hide' anything it's because it doesn't fit with my outfit, like the chicken nugget dog collar souls ammy looks hideous now, so I'll override it with something that looks nicer

I hate when people hide their equipment/stats with privacy settings though, just because I'm naturally curious
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

30-Jul-2019 19:03:47

Vaseth
Dec Member 2023

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i always thought the "dancing" was so that you could see how good your pid was for dule arena and cw and stuff, and u logged in and out and danced with each other to test it

the more you lagged behind your partner, the worse your pid was?

01-Aug-2019 17:41:04

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I always presumed the hidden plain clothes was for style. Everyone in the universe seems to wear spike trap hair with sunglasses.

I see people use wildly mixed armor for some reason. They have a ranged weapon but with magic chest and melee legs. Guess they came out of a preeoc timemachine.

02-Aug-2019 20:30:27

Quick find code: 259-260-692-66113644 Back to Top