Forums

Disappointing xmas rewards

Quick find code: 259-260-663-66137249

Mr Stoves
Dec Member 2020

Mr Stoves

Posts: 1,045 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is essentially a copy and paste from my recent game update post:

What a waste of time. I decided to wait, collect all the presents before giving feedback. After the 10th gift returned, you get the rudolph jumper. Not bad, BUT, you get nothing new from then on. Even returning every single gift offers nothing new, no clothing, no emote, nothing.

The cracker is just awful, nothing good loot wise unless one counts hoarding the food.

Jagex just do not care for RS3 and holiday events, well good ones anyway. It has come to the point where I feel that if they will make no effort for their holiday content, than just do not offer any holiday events at all. The disappointment is so bad these past few years that it may be better off just doing nothing.

Maybe offer drops, like the way they did it for cracker and santa hats, but make them unradeable.

05-Jan-2020 00:54:34

Yo Blue
Sep Member 2007

Yo Blue

Posts: 6,443 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its kinda sad they put zero effort into holiday events anymore.
I'm blue daba dee daba die!
Pulled 14 phats from crackers 5/6
Rank 2 Div

Investing in rares for a better tomorrow.
Top 25 Merchers~R~US LLC
''Retired 2016''

05-Jan-2020 06:58:38

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was very disappointed at 15 but I thought for sure they would make up for it by gathering all the presents. If I had known this whole thing stopped at 10 there is NO WAY I would have gathered the rest. For 80 papers.

They even had the nerve to hide the presents upstairs in buildings and in that ridiculous burthorpe mine, which I am guessing maybe 2% of players even knew or cared that it existed.

IDK if people actually found them or if Jagex was forced to leak them. They promise to do better but take every chance to remind us they are just trolls.

It didn't even take effort on their part. They could have given us an xp lamp for the other rewards.

05-Jan-2020 17:32:49

Now Boarding
Jun Member 2006

Now Boarding

Posts: 578 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I logged in yesterday to complete the event and found it be underwhelming. I also completed the OSRS version and thought that it had all of the ingredients of a great holiday event (length, humor, and rewards). I'd like to see more "old school" holiday events that OSRS offers.

06-Jan-2020 00:30:58

Quick find code: 259-260-663-66137249 Back to Top