Forums

Revs were better

Quick find code: 259-260-6-66261530

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't decipher which sub forum allows you to talk about the game, so I'm here to say the new wilderness is a big nothing!

Revs were a million times better. This is just Jagex annoying us.

What they could have done, and this is bordering on constructivity, is to make rev hunting a thing. Like you kill revs and then they come to kill you. So it might be considered like a team thing if you had any intentions of surviving.

Instead, Jagex's vision is to annoy us so much that we give up and make new accounts. As part of the 300 million account celebration. It's a big deal.

Tomorrow we can begin the 400 million account celebration, which will flip the game map completely upside-down and try to shake us off.

02-Sep-2022 16:59:40

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I need to lodge disagreement here.

new players can go see soulgazers, wyverns, and mammoths.
few things have been changes that good for the game.

revs still dont look cool
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

20-Sep-2022 00:59:16

Ghosttalon
Oct Member 2020

Ghosttalon

Posts: 6,594 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed, Roddy. In my first time back in months, I now found myself griefed because mobs were packed in, in areas I needed to traverse: hit immediately by wyverns, "greater demon berserkers" (wtf are these are why were they needed), and then glacors, to be reduced further to just less than 1k health by hellhounds...

I wasn't after any of these for slayer or otherwise.

This did not make the wilderness any more interesting or alive. As Roddy said, it's just annoying. More annoying even than the occasional person trying their hand at being a griefer pk'er wannabe....

I will find ways around it to continue to do what I want out there, but it will be harder than it needs to be and not nearly as entertaining.

02-Oct-2022 21:51:36

Quick find code: 259-260-6-66261530 Back to Top