Forums

Ranch out of Time

Quick find code: 259-260-561-66136469

Amyhre
Dec Member 2023

Amyhre

Posts: 1,159 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just got the "You Got a Frog!" achievement and was wondering where I can get Jadinko and Salamander breeds. So far I've not been as lucky as with Big Game Hunter. Ironic or sad, makes no difference.

30-Dec-2019 18:06:51

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I got frog, varnasaurs, arcanes, and pavo* checked off on my log.
I have my two radiant pavo out on loan to farming buddy.

I have tier 6 guild rank and can confirm it works. I got a shiny egg from parents that didnt have shiny modifiers already. wewt. *thats why I did pavo first, cause that +10% totem perk for guild rank pts is very very worth it in the beginning, and less so later.

hard to say how do-able this might be for rest of y'all but I made two friends who have high farm lvs but not funds for dinos, and I loaned them eggs to raise to elder and give back - allowing them enough time to breed their own pair to keep, and sell any harvests or offspring. its great for me cause it shaves off that five or six days to get them breed ready... and I have been able to suffer some w2 trading to upgrade what I have on deck in the stormbarn (but its basically all of it).

lots of my buddies keep writing me stuff like "oh we have time. not til july..." and I think theyre forgetting how much time the new skill archeo is gonna take.

I have to assume ROOT v.2.0 will have dinosaur dung, babysitters, etc; but if I were gonna ask for somethin... it'd honestly be a change allowing 4 slots in large pens for ROOT so we could allow some of the eggs to turn ado and harvest their stuff at least once. Any of yall can see for yourselves... the eggs are trading for like 2 or 3m on dinos that would easily yield like 6 to 8m worth of loot if anyone had room to age them. I think one more slot per large pen would split the difference. Stuff like bottled roar wouldnt be so scarce, and eggs would still get traded.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

04-Jan-2020 23:08:04

Lithuanian
Apr Member 2014

Lithuanian

Posts: 2,913 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
I got a shiny egg from parents that didnt have shiny modifiers already. wewt. *thats why I did pavo first, cause that +10% totem perk for guild rank pts is very very worth it in the beginning, and less so later.

Pretty sure you can get shiny animals without any of the shiny traits on parents, with base rate being 1/100, shiny traits just add percentage accordingly to their rank.

As for root v2 I hope they fixed what's currently broken (draconic jadinko breed chance etc, even though root dev saying everything is working as intended, they're definitely broken .) before making any more additions to it
Success
consists of going from
failure
to
failure
without loss of
enthusiasm

5.6b xp [x] Moa [x] Mqc [x] Trim [x] Boss/Slay Logs [x] Max Runescore [x]

05-Jan-2020 22:27:02

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lithuanian said :
J R Kerr said :
I got a shiny egg from parents that didnt have shiny modifiers already. wewt. *thats why I did pavo first, cause that +10% totem perk for guild rank pts is very very worth it in the beginning, and less so later.

Pretty sure you can get shiny animals without any of the shiny traits on parents, with base rate being 1/100, shiny traits just add percentage accordingly to their rank.

As for root v2 I hope they fixed what's currently broken (draconic jadinko breed chance etc, even though root dev saying everything is working as intended, they're definitely broken .) before making any more additions to it

not had any issues with jad completed it.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

08-Jan-2020 21:06:33

Lithuanian
Apr Member 2014

Lithuanian

Posts: 2,913 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
Lithuanian said :
J R Kerr said :

not had any issues with jad completed it.

have bred over 80 jadinkos so far, including shiny, no draconic yet. Over 50 of those 80 are since 10/11 log and been using good breeding since. Thought I was just unlucky, but saw various discussions on discord other people saying they've have been 10/11 for weeks now and only missing draconic. I'm pretty confident in saying they're more rare than other breeds (maybe except shiny).

This also reflects in the prices of draconic jadinkos compared to others.
Success
consists of going from
failure
to
failure
without loss of
enthusiasm

5.6b xp [x] Moa [x] Mqc [x] Trim [x] Boss/Slay Logs [x] Max Runescore [x]

09-Jan-2020 12:50:07 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2020 12:50:53 by Lithuanian

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still need to start the ranch out of time.... :(

Going to be annoying trying to collect all the new eggs, etc...
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

09-Jan-2020 19:02:02

Amyhre
Dec Member 2023

Amyhre

Posts: 1,159 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sadly you can't have different of the same kind and possibility of either. You can't have a male/female of apoterrasaurs, rexes, etc and have it be one or the other as you can on the farm. Pity :(

12-Jan-2020 04:52:04

Quick find code: 259-260-561-66136469 Back to Top