Forums

I'm at a loss ....

Quick find code: 259-260-555-66283252

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,629 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My stats are high and I have good weapons/armours; however, I'm a skiller not a combatant.

I've been wanting to start fighting some "bosses" so I've been trying to find out what the best strategies are for the easier ones, what armours, weapons, etc. are most useful in this endeavor. There are so many it is confusing.

I've collected a bit of information and would appreciate some help in deciphering what each actually means. Will you help?

Here is what my notes are thus far:

DOING BOSSES:
1. Use defensive abilities:

2. One thing you want is a "shield swap" and then "resonance" (not lit up under my abilities) next to it. And "reflect" and "barricade" are good too. (Neither are lit up under my abilities!)

3. higher tier shields best: example being "t80 dung shield" (purchased with dung tokens) and "t90 shield" are best

4. usually bring a "defender" instead of a shield which is like a weapon/shield

5. use "defender t90" (??)

6. there are spirit shields, and also rise of the six shields (vengeful, merciless, malevolent) .. Have no idea what this means!
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

08-Jul-2023 23:29:27

Jamandy52
Dec Member 2008

Jamandy52

Posts: 17,179 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't done much PVM post EoC- I'm focusing on drop logs 1 boss at a time-and focusing my gear on what boss specifically I want to go after. 23 200ms. Founder of Jamandy52 skilling clan. Favorite skill: Construction. Love skilling. Love minigames.
Working on 200m Divination atm. PM for effigies assists, and for tips when skilling. World 70.

09-Jul-2023 02:11:53

Colloquial
Apr Member 2021

Colloquial

Posts: 1,738 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Jodie,

Sooo, sounds like you want to get into PvM which is somewhat daunting to begin with, but I'll write out a few tips for you.

- Start with lower tier bosses:

God Wars 1 is a great place to begin getting comfortable with your abilities, learning what they do, and beginning to work out rotations that you like.

From there, I'd move onto God Wars 2. Vindicta is great for putting those rotations into practice whilst having a couple more things to consider. Helwyr will let you start using defensives (resonance, devotion, debilitate for example).

Once you're comfortable with those, you can begin looking at more challenging things.

- Research:

As boring as it sounds, I can't recommend enough actually reading every single one of your abilities so you know what they do. Some of them complement each other (for example concentrated blast gives you increase critical strike chance, but you wouldn't want to use a bleed immediately afterwards because they can't crit, so it would be wasted as per se).

I wouldn't recommend going straight into endgame bosses - it'll just demotivate you, start small and work upwards and you'll get there.

Feel free to give me a message in-game if you want any clarification on abilities/pvm related stuff tho :)

C
It's pronounced: col-oh-qui-al

09-Jul-2023 09:49:14 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2023 10:39:15 by Colloquial

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,629 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sure appreciate the responses; and I will contact you in game to see if you have time to talk a bit. Thanks

I will definitely read about "defensive" abilities.

Still need to understand "shield swap" and am guessing the ones not lit up (per my initial post) require some quest to unlock. :(

Never used shields so have no idea about their levels...don't recall using defender either though must have as I have the dragon one...(don't know if it is a t90 or not)

Still have no idea what spirit shields are; nor do I know what the six shields (vengeful, merciless, malevolent) are. (Wiki sure can get confusing.......)
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

09-Jul-2023 21:01:05

Colloquial
Apr Member 2021

Colloquial

Posts: 1,738 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some defensive abilities require a shield to use. Typically, you only equip the shield for the duration of that defensive ability, and then re-equip your main offhand weapon.

Some of the abilities are threshold and ultimate abilities (e.g. barricade), so you will need a certain amount of adrenaline to be able to use them - that may be why they're not lit up.

Shield levels basically determine how effective defensive abilities are, or the duration. If we take barricade, if you use a low level shield, the amount of time you get in barricade will be less. That's why the Vengeful/Merciless/Malevolent shields are good.

Spirit shields are also very strong but slightly more niche - you won't need them whilst starting out. But it reduces damage by a certain % and instead of removing life points, removes prayer points. Can be deadly though if it's a particularly large hit and smite you.
It's pronounced: col-oh-qui-al

10-Jul-2023 05:35:27

Quick find code: 259-260-555-66283252 Back to Top