Forums

Citadel Question & Confusion

Quick find code: 259-260-287-66048180

Smokey0128
Oct Member 2023

Smokey0128

Posts: 356 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello High Level Forumers!

I have a question regarding Clan Citadels, especially since the latest rework, there seems to be alot of different information that I can't seem to pinpoint it's accuracy. Aa well as a few problems in which I have noticed.

Firstly, upon looking at the Runescape Wiki regarding Clans I've stumbled upon this piece of information. (Apologies if the Wiki has not been updated since this Citadel upgrade)

"Visitor Count - This value counts the number of eligible clan members that have visited the citadel since the last Build Tick. Five visitors are required for the upkeep of all citadels. However to upgrade the citadel, an amount that increases with each tier is required. To find the number of visitors you need to upgrade, multiply your current tier by 5. For example to upgrade to a tier 4 citadel, you must have a tier 3 citadel, 5 x 3 = 15 visitors. If the visitor count is red, it is not yet high enough to upgrade the citadel."

This leads me to suggest that the required amount of visits to upgrade would be 5 for Tier 1, 10 for Tier 2, 15 for Tier 3 & so on. However the next bit of text I will show you isn't exactly clear on the matter.

As shown here on this screenshot : https://i.imgur.com/DObWtwG.png

It states that you need 12 visits for a Tier 3 Clan (Which is the current Tier of my clan) These 2 pieces of information seem to conflict. (Not sure if i'm reading it wrong or if it infact a mistake)

Should the second piece of information in which i've shown you prove to me correct then the in-game notification where visitor count changes FROM RED TO YELLOW once you receive 12 visits needs to be updated as it currently doesn't and stays Red.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Clan leader : Mythic Reborn
Completionist Player

26-Sep-2018 01:54:17

Smokey0128
Oct Member 2023

Smokey0128

Posts: 356 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Secondly, not sure if this is intended, however, with the new found speed in which clannies can now Cap at the citadel, it does not match up to the speed in which an Avatar can collect resources.

Before this update the Clan avatar would generally finish gathering it's resources as you were nearing your cap (Even at a low tier storehouse). However since the update the speed in which is gathers is relatively slow, meaning smaller clans would need to admin more people in order for them to utilize an avatar, or stand in the citadel for a longer period of time waiting for the avatars to cap.

-------------------------------

Thirdly, my Co-Owner / overseer cannot change what resources in which the clan avatar collects. Before being able to summon your own avatar meant you could personally select which resources it gathered, this is no longer the case and there does not seem to be an option to change this other than being the Owner if the Clan, which is a huge inconvenience for the Clan Owner to visit citadel all the time.

If anybody has any information please let me know. Thank you in Advance. And for anybody who does have answers on the visitor / upgrade issue, and I am infact right that it should be 12 visits, could somebody please rectify it via the wiki.
Clan leader : Mythic Reborn
Completionist Player

26-Sep-2018 01:54:26 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2018 01:57:42 by Smokey0128

Lady Alicia
Dec Member 2005

Lady Alicia

Posts: 9,740 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Smokey0128

Interesting post as it brings up a very sore and touchy subject.
It has been my understanding that Jagex is NOT going to be doing any work on the Citadel for a while if at all.
As there are several graphical issues that are going on and are worsening....
I do know that a couple of years ago or there abouts that the requirements on Clan Member Activity was reorganized and made less stringent.
That the formula that you have up is indeed old information based on Citadel release.
Since the amount of players to upkeep and upgrade have decreased dramatically from the Citadel inception and first day release.

Do not get me started on the Clan Avatar the resource gathering and all the glitches with it.
From the customization look to the gathering of resources at the Citadel in fact it is like a Clan Owner has to go up to the Citadel to babysit so the Avatar will gather resources.
However
I have noticed that the co-owner the Avatar will gather for co-owners.....

I hope some of the information I have given you helps in some small way.

03-Oct-2018 13:21:24

Tamarac Elf
Apr Member 2007

Tamarac Elf

Posts: 1,291 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Our avatars are gathering up to their 8100 resources (Tier 7 Citadel). Anyone, admin or not, can call up their pet avatar and it will collect while they are there as long as the stone has been set to gather resources (we gather charcoal). Our only "issue" is remembering to call up the pet.

We just need 5 visitors, so I can't comment on that problem.

We are very satisfied with the update.
Eldest Goat of the Old Goats
Baaaaaah!
Curiosity is a good thing ;)

04-Oct-2018 02:08:24

Quick find code: 259-260-287-66048180 Back to Top