Forums

Is this possible?

Quick find code: 259-260-265-66066378

da Vinci
Dec Member 2023

da Vinci

Posts: 221 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a technical issue that would prevent being logged in on 07scape and RS3 at the same time or if its just a Jagex policy. We really should be able to especially now that there is the mobile app. Also I can never talk to my clan anymore because I'm always on 07. Does anyone else want this?

07-Dec-2018 04:02:19

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You can't if you're using the same account. If you're using multiple accounts, there should be no issue.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

07-Dec-2018 05:09:49

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think your account accesses the same login server (the server that authorises your login) on both games. Both versions share the same login server. It would make sense if something like this was the reason for it not being possible to log in either versions at the exact same time because according to that server, you're already logged in.

Very likely a technical issue of some sort as opposed to just policy. It's probably possible to change it but likely not worth it. The demand isn't great enough and many just create alts if they want to play both versions. Demand would need to be significant to justify the effort of changing it.

07-Dec-2018 05:50:11 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2018 05:53:24 by Singularity

Lithuanian
Apr Member 2014

Lithuanian

Posts: 2,913 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
I think your account accesses the same login server (the server that authorises your login) on both games. Both versions share the same login server. It would make sense if something like this was the reason for it not being possible to log in either versions at the exact same time because according to that server, you're already logged in.

Very likely a technical issue of some sort as opposed to just policy. It's probably possible to change it but likely not worth it. The demand isn't great enough and many just create alts if they want to play both versions. Demand would need to be significant to justify the effort of changing it.

This, I remember some long time ago a Jmod talked about how it is because of technical reasons and wouldn't be possible (no idea if its still not impossible, would probably require too much resources to be worth implementing)
Success
consists of going from
failure
to
failure
without loss of
enthusiasm

5.6b xp [x] Moa [x] Mqc [x] Trim [x] Boss/Slay Logs [x] Max Runescore [x]

07-Dec-2018 14:32:43

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The way one of the JMods described it a few years ago was that there's a place where your data goes and if they access it from one side they can't access it from another. Kind of like how a lever can't be in two positions at the same time. @Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

07-Dec-2018 15:29:39

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Both games share the same login credentials. It's why your friends list works across both games. It was the same with funorb. The only way that it could have worked is if they had made old school stand alone and unable to communicate with players on runescape 3. Then you'd have been able to log into both games with the same account.

The failed platforms like 8 realms & War of legends allowed for logging into those games at the same time with runescape as they didn't share login credentials.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

07-Dec-2018 17:30:02

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Remember that friends list and friends chat system is shared between the two games. So if you were logged in on RS3 and oldschool simultaneously, you'd have to appear twice on someone's friends list...

I guess it would be possible to split profiles and rework the entire chat system but it's a huge technical update that's unlikely to happen.
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

07-Dec-2018 20:09:03

Quick find code: 259-260-265-66066378 Back to Top