Forums

rebrand for private education?

Quick find code: 259-260-26-66121809

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
predation components in edu software aimed at parents arent under the same lens.
if you set up piano maestro or something, find out a big chunk of it is free, and then the lesson components thereafter can really add up.

runescape already has multiple languages available for players in different countries, so the stuff is already there... why not rework some parts of it to teach you spanish, french, german as you go? like you'd sign in to the german version and get audio or text pop ups for the words you didnt know, and make all of that themed to worlds like "eoc only" or "quickchat only" but something that would mean "no gambling" and you give it a good education sounding name like "enrichment" server? on that world most skins would be disabled, and you dont have any such thing as functional bonus xp.

more than the coding team that makes it happen you would need osbourne and mark strength speakers to explain it and do focus groups with education types. make it a competitive learning tool.

cause yall aint getting away from the headlines that tie jagex to children. you might as well. a strong offense in this way might be better than a strong defense.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

20-Sep-2019 20:43:28

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

yeah I didnt abandon this thought. I am pretty sure it will have to have chunks of this.

its always been a mistake that quickchat didnt get an update to stay a safe server for minors.

the beauty though is that... its really not like I pulled this idea outta my ass. all the stuff they need to pull it off is already there. the work will be figuring out how to make it modular and pay for each lesson after a certain tier... and it'll be prudent to cap how many hours you can spend on that server per week lest it be like... korean students that die over studying. real thing.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

28-Sep-2019 23:09:19

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is tools for learning in a playful way but i do not think runescape is suited for it.
Specially not for the language aspect. Learning language is most easily done by listening (i basicly did learn english from watching tv) and runescape does not have audio. The conversations of the npcs in runescape also do not relate well to use of language in the real world.

02-Oct-2019 00:16:50

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

yeah true, but the translation part is already done, and... it'd need a rework to become modular, with levels, so that theyre still doing microtransactions, but its lesson and acheivement related. its not exactly ready, but if they recongifured what they already have, and had the right EDU people in place it'd make some of their existing practices look less suspect.

I mean... once all that was needed was quickchat for kids. Now kids really do kinda need limitations of a no cosmetics, no treasure hunter world... or at least I would want one like that before I turned a son or daughter loose here.

07-Oct-2019 19:51:07

Quick find code: 259-260-26-66121809 Back to Top