Forums

Runefest not so hot

Quick find code: 259-260-194-66051157

Bentoki
Jan Member 2023

Bentoki

Posts: 846 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Largely content that we knew was in development or coming at some point, a couple new novice quests and no big name quests and a halloween event which looks like a world event clone.

Thoughts? Satisfied? Disappointed? Did they make the right move in only revealing stuff they knew they could commit to, and hopefully they can?

07-Oct-2018 20:39:02

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well we did have Sliske Endgame not too long ago and the Slayer update. Slayer going to 120. To be honest, the OSRS updates look a lot more interesting except for the addition of Prif. Excited they are adding to Kourend. Oh OSRS could be getting a Farming Guild.

07-Oct-2018 22:20:53 - Last edited on 07-Oct-2018 22:21:49 by CaptKoloth

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there anything to even look forward to?

I remember last year or w/e there was like a elder god awakening one that was like omg lore must know what happens. Then they went SORRY SHELVED LOL. A delayed concept it may have been but it sure as hell made me want to follow the game.

I guess they wanted to be realistic this year but they could thrown some hype about future concepts. 2 bad years in a row with nothing new to look forward isn't inviting to stay around.

Only the talk of future concepts with Xau-tak and dragonkin and the M & S rework seem to be the only thing to look forward to. Shame the M & S will be obsolete tank armor till the end levels with masterwork.

2 small quests really made it feel like watching the E3 ridge racer thing.

08-Oct-2018 18:56:57

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah they spent the whole year on mobile, and thats cool, cause it means more players, more money, and this game's future for me as a never-mobile player. In general I am for it.

The summary/highlight things I saw did seem hyperattenuated like there was tension present to stretch the content over a longer distance. I think just a little slack would have made it more responsive, made it more about us the player, and maybe showed us a couple good players brought up on stage to talk about things like... what their clans might be doing, and how player generated e-sport might take place. Not that it would be for me directly. I have zero desire to join a clan, but yeah it woulda been good for the game to see clan leaders up there sayin they've got a race going for the first elder radiant pair of royal dragons or something.

The most conspicuous relic is this UBB. Something more interactive like vk or fb, where we could leave messages in an inbox for other players... and that said... gaming is a nasty arena of black pill nerds that harass women. I might be happy to use this clunky old UBB another 10 years if it meant that just one female gamer didnt have her inbox full of spam from sweaty black pill nerds.

So yeah. rough year. They only reveal the next few things up to about January 2019. It seems like there is broad gray area after that.

I can't come to runefest for the next 10 years because... reasons. If there is runefest in 2028 then maybe I will come. I'll be in a wheelchair and waving my cane like grandpa simpson asking where the new armadylean content is, but hey... good times.

So I agree with OP, but differently. There wasn't anything bad... just not as much leaked stuff as before, which might even be a good thing.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

09-Oct-2018 16:40:23

Sci
Aug Member 2008

Sci

Posts: 612 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's an unfortunate side effect of being so open about what they're developing. Can't really expect surprises when they're generally letting us know whats in the works years in advance. Look in the spoiler.
Why are you taking orders from a signature?

09-Oct-2018 20:03:36

Quick find code: 259-260-194-66051157 Back to Top