Forums

Farewell, CM Brandon

Quick find code: 254-255-615-66117141

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Local Moderator Posts: 2,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey everyone,

I figured that it was time to let you guys know that today will be my last shift working as an LMod as part of Jagex's Community Management team.

My other responsibilities within Keywords have been ramping up quite a lot as of late, and while I do work as a Community Manager, I'm also a Player Support Team Lead, managing teams of support agents across multiple continents. My other 4 projects will require my full attention, which means that I'll need to step aside from my duties with Jagex.

It's been a fun 6 months coming into work, and getting paid to work with Jagex. I never would've thought in a million years that I'd make a living working with a game that had made such a large impact on my life.

It's really been a pleasure to work alongside Mods Poerkie, Gambit, Meadows, and Lee, along with CM Nick, and all of the FMods. Coming into work and talking to all of you on the forums has been a lot of fun, and was always the highlight of my shift.

I think that one of my notable accomplishments working on this team was speeding up the process in which we need to go through to report a phishing page. It went from taking anywhere between 2-5 minutes to roughly 2 seconds, which greatly increased our capacity to report significantly more phishing pages throughout our shift. So while you may not see direct results from this, I really hope that this helped in reducing the amount of chances that someone may fall for any scams.

With me stepping aside, I'll be replaced by a good friend of mine who I've worked with for the past 3 years. He's played RS for longer than myself, and I think he'll be a great asset to the team. You'll be introduced to him very shortly!

With all of that said, I bid you all farewell. - It's worth mentioning that I'm not going too far. I'm still working very closely with CM Nick, and our new CM on my other projects, and I hope to fill in for them if they ever need some time off. :) (I literally sit right next to Nick.)
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

Gitting Gud Since '19

20-Aug-2019 22:27:46 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2019 22:35:02 by CM Brandon

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Local Moderator Posts: 2,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To those of you who've seen so kind to me, thanks a lot! To those of you who gave me a hard time, keep doing your thing!

I'll be sure to continue being active on these forums on my personal account, while I continue the grind towards my comp cape. :)

I wish the best of luck to all of you in RS, and in your personal lives!

Take care! :)

Gitting Gud Since '19

20-Aug-2019 22:27:53 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2019 22:29:59 by CM Brandon

Wynd

Wynd

Posts: 60,551 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow. What is going on? You just responded to a concern of mine and in less than an hour after that, you announce that you will be leaving Jagex. In all honesty, I want to thank you for your time here. I enjoyed the responses you gave whenever someone needed help and had questions. It's sad to see you go, specially now that we need more attention to the Forums.

I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors ^_^ !

20-Aug-2019 22:36:18

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Wilf said :
Wht

"Don't get me wrong, I'm always open to taking more tasks. "

just not here :P

Lol, I was speaking in terms of working with Jagex. But I mean, for the last 2 months, I've been working ~10-16 hours per day, sometimes without even having a weekend which put me above the 40 hour/week threshold way too often. Just trying to catch up on my critical tasks has been a struggle. Unfortunately, it wasn't too realistic to manage 5 projects at the same time. Working as a Team Lead is above being a Community Manager, so it only made sense to reduce some of the stress by passing on my Jagex-related duties to someone else. :P

Gitting Gud Since '19

20-Aug-2019 22:42:04 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2019 22:49:23 by CM Brandon

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Wynd said :
Wow. What is going on? You just responded to a concern of mine and in less than an hour after that, you announce that you will be leaving Jagex. In all honesty, I want to thank you for your time here. I enjoyed the responses you gave whenever someone needed help and had questions. It's sad to see you go, specially now that we need more attention to the Forums.

I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors ^_^ !

I'll be replaced by a new CM who I've been working with very closely with over the past couple weeks to get him up to speed on everything! :) He'll be taking over the 17 hours that I was working with Jagex!

Gitting Gud Since '19

20-Aug-2019 22:44:53

SiddoSnow

SiddoSnow

Posts: 189 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Awww.. I'm sorry to see you go. You've been great - so as much as you're thanking us, you deserve thanks too.

Thank you. And best of luck with all those projects of yours. Try to at least get a Sunday off every other month or whatever helps you not burn out :P
A very special snowflake.

20-Aug-2019 22:50:15

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 44,939 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brandon, its been a pleasure working with you on the
g
reen s
i
de
t
hese last few months; your input and attentiveness has been
g
reatly appreciated by the forum community. Thanks for everything and all the best with yo
u
r future en
d
eavors with Keywords (and good luck with completing your comp cape :) ).

20-Aug-2019 23:00:43

Quick find code: 254-255-615-66117141 Back to Top