Forums

International Tiger Day

Quick find code: 254-255-511-65658605

Mod William

Mod William

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

It's International Tiger Day , and to celebrate, we visited WWF's Living Planet Centre to find out more about their global conservation efforts.

We've also brought you a special podcast, produced a charity live stream, and have loads of great big cat-related competitions to take part in – in which you can win some cuddly soft-toy companions!

Our Community Team are having a roaringly good time supporting WWF in their big cat conservation efforts worldwide.

So check out everything that's been going on below, and don't forget to donate your Bonds to the Conservationist in Burthorpe to adopt your own big cat companions!

International Tiger Day Podcast

This week, we spoke to Joseph - Tigers Coordinator and biologist - about some of the work he does with tigers in India.

L-pvW3FB6k" target="_blank">Listen now to find out how WWF are working to save tigers worldwide, what the Tx2 campaign is, and what it means for these magnificent creatures.

Charity Bot-Busting Stream

Last week, we bashed a load of bots with Mods James and JD, and donated the spoils to WWF. Find out how much we raised by watching the video below!

Big Cats Parade

Join us this Thursday at 16:00 game time for a chance to parade your big cat companions around Gielinor! Grab your Orbs of Oculus, take loads of pictures, and tweet them to us ( @RuneScape ) and WWF ( @WWF ) with the hashtag #WWFBigCats .

Let's celebrate!

World Tiger Day Competitions

Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for special #WWFBigCats and International Tiger Day competitions this week, and you could win an adorable big cat plushie of your own! Keep an eye out for the next few days, and good luck!

Vine

To finish, here are our adorable cubs in action. You can adopt yours by playing The Drop and donating Bonds this week!

Get Involved!

International Tiger Day's a great initiative geared towards conserving one of the world's most amazing species. Visit the International Tiger Day website , and spread the word!

The RuneScape Team

29-Jul-2015 10:57:11 - Last edited on 29-Jul-2015 14:54:20 by Mod William

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Posts: 6,699 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Happy International Tiger Day!!!
~Hyles~

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind
may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled."
~Andrew Carnegie

29-Jul-2015 14:57:49

Alpha Trion

Alpha Trion

Posts: 2,483 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"In Africa alone 14 million people have been resettled against their will, to make room for wild animals,” Huisman writes. From the beginning, WWF has seen environmental protection as a kind of continuation of colonialism by other means."

"Juan Carlos is the honorary President of WWF Spain and a big game hunter – with this hobby he is far from alone in the leadership of the WWF."

"Prince Philip of Britain, former WWF President, has killed at least one tiger. In the the Kavango-Zambezi Park, designed and funded by WWF, hunting season is open."

Source: "Dark side of the Panda" (site)

Sounds like this organization is an elitist group of people who can hunt with impunity and freedom on private (supposed to be protected) lands, while indigenous people are displaced :(

WWF also FREQUENTLY give tours through these areas for US: $10,000 (Safari cost)! That's what 'conservation' is all about. $$$$$

29-Jul-2015 19:28:27 - Last edited on 29-Jul-2015 19:34:02 by Alpha Trion

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
great work to the bot busting team i loved the podcast

1.6bil from a mule :O , alot of green dragons but amazing to see that bots are still being banned

2.4bil with 300 bonds or £800 to charity is great work a huge congratulations and well done to the twitter winner who guessed 2.35bil, please do more bot busting streams as its a great way to show your work and i hope by the time your reading this those 38 accounts will be banned

but when you said only kill those who are confirmed as bots will the one at green dragons get confirmed as a bot and be banned with the rest
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

29-Jul-2015 20:42:50 - Last edited on 29-Jul-2015 21:06:32 by Werewolf

Sg1fannz

Sg1fannz

Posts: 1,012 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Enjoyed the video and seeing little stuffed cat toys on the runescape designers desks.

Glad my few bonds are helping make a difference and I absolutely love my Big cats.

As leopards are my very favourite animal, the snow leopard and the jaguar are the ones taking turns at walking with me in my runescape travels. I have the others but not had them out yet.

I would love to have them able to be my constant companion by using pouches on them so they can help me on slayer tasks permanently rather than end up as a cosmetic pet.

It would be a reminder of the charity event and perhaps encourage players to donate to after the event.

29-Jul-2015 23:26:08

Quick find code: 254-255-511-65658605 Back to Top