Forums

Live Forum Combat Q&A Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-189-63855187

Mod Jane

Mod Jane

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Combat Team Live Q&A

Hi all!
With the combat beta in full swing, we thought it would be a good time to bring to you another live forum Q&A. Therefore, on Monday 9th July from 6pm-8pm BST (Forum Time) the developers behind the Combat Evolution will be here answering all your combat related questions.
Without further ado, I introduce to you not one, not two, not three, but four Developers!

Mod Chris_L

Mod_Chris_L joined 5 years ago serving briefly in player support before joining web content and then the QA team. He began making content in the QA team, making Soul Wars with Mod_Rathe and then moving into the content team. Since joining he's worked on projects like Extended agility courses, Elves, Within the Light quest, Kuradal's dungeon, Strykewyrms, High level potions, Godwars, Nex, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, Dungeoneering, Troll invasion, Capes of Distinction, Temple Trekking rework and, of course, the Combat rework.

Mod Rathe

Mod_Rathe joined Jagex in 2006 as a QA tester, before becoming a content developer in 2009. After having made the Living Rock Caverns, Soul Wars, Nomad's Requiem, Conquest and The Void Stares Back, in 2011 he was made a senior content developer and began work in earnest on the Evolution of Combat along with Mod_Chris_L. He enjoys spending his spare time proving he doesn't have a superiority complex, because he really just is better than everyone else.

Mod Avatar

Mod Avatar joined Mod Rathe and Mod Chris L during the early stages of the evolution of combat and has worked with Mod Chris L on several of the core features. Prior to this he has worked on the clan loyalty scheme, dungeoneering improvements and the toolbelt amongst other things. Mod Avatar enjoys participating in medieval re-enactments during his spare time as well as playing an unhealthy amount of video games. He also likes tea, tea is good.

Mod Pi

I joined Jagex as a content developer in August in 2011. I have made the Christmas event for 2011 and The Runespan. I'm currently working on the Evolution of Combat. I've played RuneScape since early classic, my earliest memory of RS is being PK'd while walking past the well in Lumbridge right after creating my account. Since then my account has evolved over time from PKing as a tank mage in early RuneScape, to a high stakes boxer later on, then a scorer/off-mage in a castle wars clan which I helped lead and then finally a casual skiller as university and finding jobs demanded more of my time (RL is such XP waste :( ) . Outside of RuneScape I like playing deathmatch shooters (like Q3A/QL and UT) and riding my motorbike around various parts of the English countryside.
Mod Jane

As before, I'll be here ensuring they are fed, watered and unable to escape!
Should you have any questions for me, I'll be only too happy to answer them. :)
FAQ

• Where can I ask my questions?
    You can ask your questions in the dedicated thread that you can find here .

• Can I ask my question in this thread instead?
    Unfortunately no, you will have to use the thread mentioned above for all your questions. That thread will be opened just before the Q&A is due to start. I'm afraid that any questions asked in this thread will go unanswered.

• Where will the Live Forum Q&A take place?
    Right here in the Community Home Forum.

Feel free to discuss the Q&A here, but remember save your questions for the dedicated thread! ^_^
Mod Jane - Community & Events Director
Follow me on Twitter - @JagexJane

05-Jul-2012 15:58:54 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2012 10:50:08 by Mod Jane

Capricorn XI

Capricorn XI

Posts: 8,445 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looking forward to it. Thanks for letting us know.
EDIT: "After having made the Living Rock Caverns, Soul Wars, Nomad's Requiem, Conquest and The Void Stares Back" oh cool. All of my favorite updates :D

05-Jul-2012 19:40:03 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2012 19:41:58 by Capricorn XI

Mod Jane

Mod Jane

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Yup FOUR of them! More Developers than you can shake a Scimmy at!
Can't wait! :D
*waves to Nightspeed!!*
Mod Jane - Community & Events Director
Follow me on Twitter - @JagexJane

05-Jul-2012 19:59:33 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2012 20:00:06 by Mod Jane

LaNeL
Jul Member 2006

LaNeL

Posts: 9,445 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*waves back* * :) *
-----
*sheathes and un-sheathes dual Dragon scimitars*
ARE YOU READY developers?!?!!!!! http://***.youtube.***/watch?v=UMf40daefsI

05-Jul-2012 20:06:03 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2012 02:14:05 by LaNeL

Alaz

Alaz

Posts: 13,224 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh exciting!
You might want to add the time you're opening the questions thread to the opening post on this thread as well. Currently it's only on the questions thread itself. :P
Quoth questions thread: "This thread will open around 5:45pm on Monday 9th July"

05-Jul-2012 20:10:12 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2012 23:40:49 by Alaz

Match Fire

Match Fire

Posts: 3,182 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Really neat, remember reading something of the sort in the Events page. Looking forward to getting some questions answered by the team. Ah, how I love Q&A sessions with the developers..
Mod Pi, have had some fantastic times with you in the past what an awesome developer you are. I'll be sure to put you to work :P
On another note, it would've been even better to get Mod Mark in on this! You know why. ;)
I'm glad that you'll be in on this too, Jane.
Can't wait.
Ryan W

05-Jul-2012 21:06:54 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2012 21:09:34 by Match Fire

Smurf

Smurf

Posts: 11,657 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ohey Jane, I've send an email to Community@Jagex, to you, so I hope you'll be able to answer that, I'm really looking forward to your reply!
If you can't answer that email, where can I contact you anywhere else?
It's about the Dutch community, and I REALLY hope for an answer!
Smurf. ^_^

05-Jul-2012 21:29:32 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2012 21:32:20 by Smurf

Quick find code: 254-255-189-63855187 Back to Top