Forums

The RuneScape YouTube Channel

Quick find code: 254-255-11-61790129

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
www.youtube.com/runescape

Greetings all!

Welcome to the forum thread dedicated to the RuneScape Community YouTube Channel ! We've got some big plans ahead for our little video home and as always we'd like to involve you as much as we possibly can.

So what's this thread for? Well as well as using this thread to chat about the stuff you encounter on the RuneScape channel we'll also be using it to:
  • Tell you about new Jagex videos
  • Update you on channel competitions
  • Tell you about awesome player videos
  • Give you a heads up on channel changes
  • Get your feedback on channel changes
  • ...And More!

So keep an eye on this thread and remember to subscribe to the channel for advanced notice of new videos and special updates!

20-Apr-2010 16:29:06 - Last edited on 08-Aug-2010 00:46:29 by Mod Seven

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

New Things!

News & Updates

Hi guys,

I’ve just updated the youtube.com/runescape channel with the following update on what we’re up to.

Updated 14th May 2010 – Mod Crow

Greetings all!

Mod Crow here taking over this weeks blog duties from Mod Paul M. So what’s new in the world of RuneScape videos? Well firstly we’re well underway with editing together the content team Q&A video and with a few more polishes we’ll have something awesome for you to watch soon! As well as that we’re now taking questions for the Graphics team for the next Q&A! If you’ve ever had a question about all the beautiful artwork and 3D you’ve seen in RuneScape then head on over to the question thread:

Quick find code: 103-104-13-60957943

As well as a chance to bring your questions to the graphics team we’ve also got some top competitions running for this channel. We’re looking for your Dungeoneering videos to add to our ‘Theme of the Month’ playlist! The competition ends at the end of the month so get going!

We’ve also got our channel backgrounds challenge! If you think you have the artistic skills to spruce up this channel a bit then send in your background images to ‘[email protected]’ with the subject ‘Use my awesome background noobs!’.

And that’s not all! We’re still taking guesses from you on the exact date we’ll hit the 50k subscriber mark! This competition is open until we hit 50k but don’t wait too long as it’s the first person to guess the exact date who wins!

So that’s almost it for this week, other than to recommend you check out the Community Videos playlist as we have some awesome RSMV’s available!
-Mod Crow

So that’s the update, now for a bit of extra info:

Give us your channel background images!

We’ve been hanging out with the same YouTube background image for a while now and although it’s obviously great ( :P ), we feel like a bit of a change and knowing how much you all like a challenge, reckon that you’re the best people to supply us with some spanky new background images.

All you need to do is use the current channel layout as a template and then make us a suitably awesome looking background. I’m sure that on this thread there’ll be plenty of advice on how to go about that so feel free to ask if you need a hand. =)

We’ll probably ask for themes as time goes on but right now, just go for it. As long as it’s suitably RuneScape community focused, has your name on it somewhere and has “Subscribe!” in there somewhere, it’s in with a chance of being used. We’ll rotate images regularly too so if we don’t use it straight away, we may well use it soon.

Once you’ve made your background, send it to [email protected] with the subject “use my awesome background noobs!” Any we use will get something out of Crow’s prize bucket.

Video Blogs

We all like making videos but y’know, sometimes you just want to get a message up there without having to be an editing genius. If you’ve a quick vid you want to share, let us know by messaging the channel with the link. We’ll do the same so if we catch Mod Hohbein with his wax crayons out or Mod Lily falling down the stairs, that’s where we’ll post it. ;)

We’ll be keeping an eye out for any questions so please feel free to quiz us at your leisure!

Bye for now,

Paul M

Latest Channel Challenge

The snappily titled "Guess when we hit 5-k subs challenge" is still in effect but we've also just announced our first monthly video challenge - Dungeoneering.

Send us the links to your dungeoneering vids whether they're real life examples, machinima, guides, tactics whatever. We'll add a selection to our theme of the month playlist and no doubt dig out some prize action for some lucky punters. =)

You can send the links directly to our YouTube channel.

Don't forget we're also running a Channel background image design competition! You're designs could be shown off on our YouTube channel for all to see.

Just send your background image entry to [email protected] with the subject “use my awesome background noobs!”

20-Apr-2010 16:36:21 - Last edited on 08-Aug-2010 00:48:20 by Mod Seven

V a
Nov Member 2023

V a

Posts: 7,986 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cool, i've seen them all so far, and i can't wait to see what else is going on in that beautiful castle! ;)
the trailer is awesome, the water is so detailed that i would just dive into my screen if it wasn't so darn small :P
,___,
(O.o)
/)__)
--'--'-------------------------------
V a & Orum the forum owl ^_^ -------------------------------------

22-Apr-2010 16:40:05 - Last edited on 23-May-2010 15:08:32 by V a

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know this Jagex channel, wondering if you're able to stream other regular machinima vids etc in a particular part of your page.
Not 100% sure, but I think if you're a big company like Jagex, or a very very popular sponsered video producer, that you might be able to get perks like advanced pages.
Or you could make it so that all machinima video makers in our community as a whole could maybe stream a video on the Jagex website somewhere, kind of like a 'Thread of the Week' but in video format like that advert box you have on the main page.
I'm planning to produce a range of machinima videos in the near future, would they be linked in any way to the RS webpage, or possible to link them to the official RS webpage without having to subscribe or be subscribed to?

22-Apr-2010 16:45:26

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Do we still have that Machinima support thread up and running? I could do with asking about help getting a few resources like animated sprites of some characters, like Lucien from the WGS battle cutscene and all the movements/animations he makes throughout the quest, along with his chathead.
Just in case the thread is no longer around, where would I be able to get a hand on stuff like that?

22-Apr-2010 16:49:04 - Last edited on 22-Apr-2010 16:49:50 by Sagzee

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

"cool, i've seen them all so far, and i can't wait to what else is going on in that beautiful castle!"
Well stay tuned! We've got big plans for future videos, enough to make Mod Mattyc's camera weep with joy (or exhaustion!).
"You know this Jagex channel, wondering if you're able to stream other regular machinima vids etc in a particular part of your page."
Well we are aiming to add awesome videos to our Community playlist, as well as mention them here and probably via twitter too!
"Do we still have that Machinima support thread up and running?"
Yup, that's very much alive and well! You can find it here .
- M o d C r o w -

22-Apr-2010 17:02:01

Quick find code: 254-255-11-61790129 Back to Top