Forums

Hope and Sanctuary - A message

Quick find code: 237-238-968-65765018

Tibby

Tibby

Posts: 1,210 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Going about one's industry and daily routine about the city of Varrock, the crown jewel of Misthalin, one might find sheets of parchment pasted to walls repetitively, in bulk and blatant attempt to put one's attention only to the message hand-written to these many faces. Each written swiftly and almost without any care for neatness, the lines of sentences weren't straight and lopsided, the spacing in good lack or generous here and there. A mess that'd give one a sense of urgency the writer must have had.

"To you who are reading this, whoever is, anyone; please find me. My name is Lyari Venkayr and I am being hunted. Not too long ago in my visit to the great undercity of Keldagrim from Asgarnia did I encounter a hellish, murderous thing of a man. I am injured and hungry, I've lost my possessions save my armour, which I fear to part in case I encounter him- or it again.

I am in the slums of Varrock. Find me there, please help me. I will pay any price in good time, anything to keep him away from me. Please send help."

Below is a messy but on-point illustration of a man's(?) features, done quickly to save time. An illustration of a man's open mouth, a dark and empty maw that'd greet one with his teeth shaped and sharpened to appear much like an anglerfish's with a mask worn and tipped back slightly to expose the lower half of his scarred face.

=O OC=

Hello! This thread is here as an in-character message as you can see. Whether your intentions are good or bad, feel free to toss me a whisper/Private message if you'd like to pursue and involve yourself. It's not a plot I'm working on but a response to something that has happened In-character a couple(?) of days ago.
I've worn all shoes but it's only the shackles that fit.

16-Mar-2016 02:53:27 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2016 02:54:32 by Tibby

Eridyn
Dec Member 2010

Eridyn

Posts: 2,947 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
An envelope, sealed with blood-red wax, and adorned with the symbol of a spider would materialize on Lyari's person, and she'd feel a whisper at the edges of her mind, encouraging her to open it. If she heeded it, she would be greeted with this message.

"I will send help to you, should you ask it of me. I will grant you strength should you so desire, and take away any pains you seek to berid of. All you need do, is say my name."

At the end of the letter, would be a single name written in the Infernal Tongue, but perhaps due to the magic of the letter, Lyari would be able to read it.

Zhaldyr.
@Eriddyn
|
Lorehound
| [
Role-Player
| "A flame can never be a star, no matter how bright it burns." -
Jas

16-Mar-2016 03:05:03 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2016 03:05:29 by Eridyn

Tibby

Tibby

Posts: 1,210 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To those with concern over the contents of the urgent message and with the will to search for "Lyari", they would eventually realise that this person is nowhere about the slums. Only with a thorough search they'd find a run-down building littered with the parchments bearing the same message gathered near the once-lit fireplace within.

They were too late.
I've worn all shoes but it's only the shackles that fit.

16-Mar-2016 11:31:41 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2016 11:33:38 by Tibby

Prototype R

Prototype R

Posts: 1,094 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The morning after the poster was put up in various area's around Varrock, one might notice a peculiar sight to behold near the area of where the most parchment was put up. A goat's head with fresh blood still dripping down it's severed neck would be nailed into the wall, It'd have it's eyes cut out and in their place would be a set of human eyes. The goat's tongue would be hanging out of it's open mouth with a crude "S" carved into it. Nobody saw during the night who put it up, but such a sight would be cause for alarm for the normal citizens of Varrock.

16-Mar-2016 15:29:21 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2016 15:32:32 by Prototype R

Quick find code: 237-238-968-65765018 Back to Top