Forums

Aren Revival

Quick find code: 237-238-963-65912309

Uhtred Aren

Uhtred Aren

Posts: 586 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A dense fog looms over the Fremennik lands. A child, left outside the gates of Relleka many moons ago, is coming of age. No one knew who this boy was or how he got there. All they knew was what was written in a simple note. "This is Uhtred Aren, grandson of Ataneq Aren. He musn't know of his history. He is the last remaining decendent of the Aren family. Please, keep him safe. - EA" Raised by a Fremennik trader, the boy lived a humble life. He worked on the docks, and travelled when his "father" would allow him to do so. As he began to age, he noticed a strange feeling inside of him. He began to have visions in his sleep of a magical tower. A tower he had never seen before, would rise from its own ashes. Uhtred, now 18, has begun to wonder about his past. While the Fremennik have raised him as one of their own, he seeks a greater story. He seeks to learn who he is. Where he is from. He knows nothing, but a strange feeling has him wanting to head south.

18-May-2017 05:28:00

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

Posts: 1,306 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
She hasn't commented yet and given her current circumstances, it could be a couple of days before she gets around to this. I know she did something with the tower you're referencing, if it's - that tower. The Aren are a noble House of Kandarin, re-enstated by House Calderon and legitimized by House Vekon. You should work with her, man.

18-May-2017 09:25:33

Valiesin
Dec Member 2021

Valiesin

Posts: 3,781 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eh, wouldn't take counsel from anyone who isn't an Aren. They don't know how these claim things work or the freedom the family always had under Ara or Liam for individual members to act as they pleased. I'm pretty sure two claims to the family would make it interesting, especially since last I heard, the family was officially led by the Council. .„¸¸,.·` |
Valiesin
| `· .,¸¸„.

18-May-2017 13:46:53

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Posts: 5,379 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I scratched my head at this, at first.

The Arens were always a family with many branches very loosely aligned, and sometimes in open conflict with eachother. It's why my Aren, a Galethornian, actively avoids the rest of the family.

The idea of two, rival Aren branches isn't weird to me. I'm curious about how an Aren would feel raised around militant, anti-Magic people. Would they be ashamed? Would their identity be a secret to all but the foster parents? Why would the Foster parents even risk it? There's plenty of interesting plot points to work with around this.

Good luck!
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

18-May-2017 15:32:48

Uhtred Aren

Uhtred Aren

Posts: 586 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was one of the 3 original Arens. Username used to be Ataneq Aren, but for some reason the game wouldn't let me use that name anymore? Idk. SOOO that being said, I figured why not let Ataneq continue to rest in peace following the war between him Ara, and Liam, and start fresh with a new character. I haven't been on in ages, but I believe 2 people claiming the head of the Aren household would be a very, very possible spot...seeing as Ataneq was the original leader of the house (when we started the RP, not when Liam traced the lineage all the way back to). The original story was the Arens leading a wizarding school, much like the wizards tower, but practicing in darker magics. Ataneq lead the school, while Zane Aren, his brother (Liam) was a teacher there. The two always quarreled over who should be head of the family, seeing as Zane was older, but their father deemed Ataneq the heir due to Zane's maniacal behavior at times. So the concept of various members of the family fighting for the top spot has been there from the start! Im excited to get this thing going again.

19-May-2017 04:09:55

Quick find code: 237-238-963-65912309 Back to Top