Forums

Gauging Interest

Quick find code: 237-238-947-66151227

Catfish Bob
Jun Member 2019

Catfish Bob

Posts: 2,104 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all, this may be in bad form but I'm going to give it a go anyway:

I'm a retired roleplayer from years ago and interested in getting back into the game (pun) and I seem to find myself at an impasse as to where to start. I have three, no more no less, ideas for roleplay groups to devote my energy towards and I wanted to get some feedback on my ideas:

Idea #1:

(Revolving around an old character of mine from several years ago)

(In a perfect world this would eventually involve either Mos Le'Harmless or Brimhaven)

A disgraced former pirate captain steps out of obscurity to raid the seas once more. He seeks to build a new crew, locate his lost ships and create a safe haven somewhere in Gielinor for swashbuckling scoundrels like himself.

Idea #2:

(Based on material from a faraway universe, this DOES NOT introduce any kind of magic or technology not found in RS lore. It's designed to be as lore-friendly as possible while staying true to the source material)

(Unsure of where this would be based, open to ideas)

In a world ravaged by war, a new order begins. Lukas Cloud-Drifter has established a new organization of peace-keeping warrior monks known as the Knights of the Aura. They seek to maintain peace throughout the world while aiding the downtrodden and oppressed through acts of goodwill. Master Cloud-Drifter teaches his students to improve their State of Being by casting aside attachments to the material world and striving to become at one with the spiritual world.

Idea #3:

(I would like to base this in the Karamjan Jungle or the Feldip Hills)

A new breed of warrior emerges in the heart of the wild. They call themselves the Spartan Legion. They believe in loyalty to their clan, fighting and dying well, and honoring words with actions. They train relentlessly against the savage beasts of the jungle while working to strengthen their numbers. To what end? What do they seek to accomplish? Only a few possess such knowledge.. perhaps no one does?

Thoughts?

06-Apr-2020 05:43:19

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Concerning your last point, I made a mercenary group around Khazard a while back. Didn't last very long, but I'd enjoy the idea of reviving it or something similar. "The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

14-Apr-2020 16:38:30

Quick find code: 237-238-947-66151227 Back to Top