Forums

interested in RP and Questions

Quick find code: 237-238-936-66045465

Sofetios
Sep Member 2023

Sofetios

Posts: 2,542 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello!

I am very interested in RP and am hoping to join a group that helps beginners or somebody that can show me the ropes. I also want to know what POH's are generally roleplayed as. Can i make my POH a shop and sell things there or something else? Also, I am open to RPing on OSRS and RS3. Anyway I hope to learn how to roleplay well and learn more about it. Thank you and I hope i find a person or a group soon!
"Everything you think you know is in what you believe." ~Sofetios

"Perception of reality is up to the individual." ~Sofetios

"You can have anything you want, at Sofetios's Restaurant!" ~Sofetios

17-Sep-2018 00:01:58

QueenArasene

QueenArasene

Posts: 3,579 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fact: the group to join depends on how active you want to be, and what kind of action interests you. I like to recommend the Aren Family if you're into magic and family roleplay, or the Wizards' Tower if you're just into beginner magic. For military and religious roleplay there might be something in Kandarin, Asgarnia or with the goblins.

Ideally, you will find like-minded people around your timezone and make your own group, because this is the best and safest way to make sure of activity. Waiting for other people to start roleplay has historically been a great way to make sure nothing happens for two weeks straight. This is, in fact, one of the major reasons why roleplay is less common these days than it used to be.

Now, as for POHs? They've been used for all manner of things, from houses to gardens to castles. There's certainly nothing stopping you from using one as a shop. Indeed, I encourage you to do that. The main problem I foresee you running into is finding people willing to come to the shop, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you plan to sell.

Now, I'm certainly not online all day- quite the opposite, in fact-, but if you catch me during the evenings I'm always happy to jump in on a bit of roleplay. So don't hesitate to ask.
My existence is debatable, but likely.

17-Sep-2018 07:58:45

Sofetios
Sep Member 2023

Sofetios

Posts: 2,542 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks a ton Queen Arasene! I think I have an idea of what I want to do now. Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it! "Everything you think you know is in what you believe." ~Sofetios

"Perception of reality is up to the individual." ~Sofetios

"You can have anything you want, at Sofetios's Restaurant!" ~Sofetios

17-Sep-2018 17:57:18

Gersty

Gersty

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Glad to see some new people are taking an interest in climbing on board. Queen's probably one of my top votes for introduction of someone new. Look forward to seeing you around.
"When the Lord made me, He made a ramblin' man..."

"... An Arizona Ranger, wouldn't be too long in town."

18-Sep-2018 00:28:53

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you know much about Runescape and its regions, I've got The Ultimate Catch-up Guide that you can use to see areas that are most active. Otherwise, QueenArasene covered it pretty well. "The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

18-Sep-2018 04:36:11

Quick find code: 237-238-936-66045465 Back to Top