Forums

Seven Years...

Quick find code: 237-238-75-66145598

DMMetalaane

DMMetalaane

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For me - Faeyrin/Maedalaane. For Seaver/Tzo/Tantelas? I have no idea. I am not her.

I really don't have much to say. Seven is just my favorite number (FF7 Remake hype!) and it occurred to me that I first logged into World 42 in February of 2013.

Things were certainly more lively then, huh? For the whole game. At the time of this post, more than a whole 24 hours had elapsed since the last post on this subforum. Bittersweet, truly.

I can't say I yearn for those old days though. Many of us were kids who took things too seriously (some of you are now adults who take things too seriously). If I could do those years over, I'd be doing...let's say...more constructive things with my time that would have benefited my future. But I've learned the hard truth that hindsight is 20/20. We see more than yesterday. So I remain happy over my time here in this little corner of the Internet. Especially because to this day no recreational activity has captured my imagination as strongly as RSRP did.

There's too many people to name; the people who had their hand in shaping who I am today during the most pivotal years of my upbringing. Many of them role models. Many others, examples of who not to be. A few of them I marveled and wished to be close to. Fewer yet learned lessons from me. All of them imparted something for better or worse.

I'd leave my Discord handle for anyone who would like to reconnect with this old special snowflake. But I think that's against the rules. And Fmods will rule with an iron fist regardless of if thousands still used this forum or if only they themselves still used it.

There is a small chance you'll see me again in game if Archaeology turns out to actually be good, by some Gower-given miracle. If not, reminisce with me in this thread over good times we had. Or lambast me for all the headaches I gave you in the past. I don't cook up anger by myself anymore, but I still savor its sweet taste.

Cheers.
Save yourself.
Savior self.

03-Mar-2020 06:08:00 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2020 06:15:20 by DMMetalaane

Eeveellusion
Jul Member 2022

Eeveellusion

Posts: 51 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, now there is a name I have not heard in quite some time.

Good to hear from you again, I do remember chatting with several interesting folks outside the Academy of Heroes, or paling around in Friends Chat "Clans" before there was an official interface.

It seems nearly impossible to find any decent roleplay or interesting characters in game anymore. I'm not a fan of Player Owned Kingdoms or cities, I have little interest in courtesan politics or currying favor from some self-proclaimed ruler. I bend my knee to no one, but I will work hard for those I respect.

Still, I remember lengthy conversations whilst skilling in the world, and immersive ideas and plots circulating around themed locations. I am, and will continue to be a fan of Themeplay. I believe a good portion of us have naturally become quite busy with Real Life, and that is for the best. I do admit to missing the lengthy conversations and fun roleplay that Runescape had to offer, and hold a glint of hope that there is still some to be found in 42... somewhere. Or perhaps even in Old School? I do enjoy my alternative life as a novice Ironman there.

05-Mar-2020 15:39:28

SaePls

SaePls

Posts: 1,367 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good to hear from you. I enjoyed our RP together in the past. I don't get on anymore, minus an occasional/rare mobile login. I do wonder what some of the people have made of themselves. I am thankful for RSRP. I've never stretched my creative wings as far as I have on here but I'm also aware of the darker side of it all. I don't need to elaborate. I think we've all faced it at some point.

I'll always be thankful for this place and the outlet it gave me and the friends I still have from my time spent here. Life is good for me, now. I've worked hard on my life (and myself). I just bought a house and am due in August with my second kid. I still game, just not here. I'd like to hear what others are up to. Feel free to leave a post and I'll check back in.

To the good ol' days.

08-Mar-2020 00:15:04 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2020 00:15:34 by SaePls

DMMetalaane

DMMetalaane

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Eeveellusion: A prior name of yours was Tetris Red, yes? I remember some of our adventures. We definitely had more interesting times than most, since we did more than stand and type. It'll never fail to amuse me that using the game to RP was ever viewed of as controversial.

Sae: You were one of the few that never partook in any stupid shit - as far as I remember. And you were/are a good writer on top of that. You're a G. I wish this game had addon support like other MMOs do. To have even had the ability to uncap message length would have been godsend for the quality writers of 42. Another drop in the bucket of missed opportunities by Jagex. I'm glad to hear you're doing well.*cough*Maedalaane#1996*cough*You deserve it. My life is okay for the most part. Some challenges, but hey, anyone who doesn't have a challenge right now is going to have some very soon.
Save yourself.
Savior self.

09-Mar-2020 04:57:47

Quick find code: 237-238-75-66145598 Back to Top