Forums

Hosting Storytelling in PoH.

Quick find code: 237-238-550-65856143

Stech
Feb Member 2023

Stech

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want to begin opening my house as a relaxing place for people to enjoy themselves and be entertained by a short story or two. Every time would be a new experience and new story. I'm hoping to do it a few times a week, that way there's something to look forward to and if someone can't make one, they can try to make it to another.

The ideal world would be W42, because, it's the answer to every question ( also, it's 1 of 2 RP worlds ). It could also be W41 for free players, but then it wouldn't be in a PoH, and I'd figure out a location that suits the needed environment.

Anyway, comment please, and let me know if this is something that you would be interested in seeing.

Thanks. :)

01-Dec-2016 08:42:00

Zrie

Zrie

Posts: 4,118 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are a few problems with doing this sort of thing in-game. Logistically, it may be difficult to make a time work for all parties interested. These short stories-- unless someone takes the hassle of screenshotting them-- are effectively short-lived because of the nature of the chat system. Finally, I'm not sure this is the right place for this kind of event; although I agree role-players are story-tellers (each playing the protagonist of their story), I think this is less of that. If you're determined on doing this in-game, I suggest moving this to a community forums to reach a broader audience.

That said, I would suggest doing this on the forums in a different sub-forum, that being Forum Roleplay and Short Stories. This increases the life-span, visibility, and participation in these stories because they are not limited to the log-in session (if that, knowing the length of stories). It also comes with the benefit of allowing free-players access as long as they have the total level requirement to post on the forums.

Anyway, these are just my two cents on the matter. Best of luck.

- Zrie

01-Dec-2016 20:26:57

Quick find code: 237-238-550-65856143 Back to Top