Forums

Chronicle: RSRP

Quick find code: 237-238-196-65871452

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Posts: 5,379 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A few things in mind.

After playing Witcher 3, Gwent came to mind. The idea of some sort of game that not only can exist in-universe, but be played by us ICly. So my first thought was to make a game of some sort to play IC.

That's when, after hearing the Chronicle players in the bar for... However many times, the idea finally hit me.

We play Chronicle IC. We grab a bunch of decks, open up the game, and two characters can play eachother.

How would this work? Simply put, it already does. We already have an in-lore explanation for Chronicle. It's a card game taking famous people and locations and playing on a few maps.

That's when the second idea hit. What if some of our Characters, items, and so on, of enough renown, ALSO had cards?

So, I'm curious as to what your "cards" would look like. I'm posting some guidelines in the spoilers below, then I'm posting my own.

There are two kinds of cards in Chronicle. Support and Creatures

Support usually costs gold, or has a special "Spend" effect that requires armour, health, certain monsters killed, or a weapon.

Some popular support cards are Allies, people who heal you, give gold, or the like.

As an example, a deck staple is Ali Morissane, who gives you 3 gold for free, but will take your weapon if you have one.

Some are equipment, with Damage/Durability, or armour.

As an example, the Saradomin Godsword is a 5 Gold Card that gives you a 7/2 weapon, and heals 5 health.

Creatures tend to have two stats. Attack power, and health. The better the reward, usually gold, health, armour, or a weapon, the higher the monster's health. Sometimes really great rewards, like attack power, require discarding a random card.

Finally, we have Legends. Each has specifically tailored cards, and takes the role of a main figure. Each has a strength.

Raptor is armour
Ozan is gold
Linza is weapons
Vanescula is health
Morvran is Monsters
Ariane is DPS.

Ariane has cards Raptor doesn't and vice-versa.
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

19-Jan-2017 08:52:07

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Posts: 5,379 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now, to add a few of my own that may or may not exist in RSRP chronicle. Just for funzies!

Choronlann: Support (Equipment)
Set: Classic
Gold Cost: 5
Left Reward: None
Right Reward: None

Effect: Increase your attack temporarily by the attack of your next creature. Remove weapon.

Zarin Renderra: Creature (None)
Set: Raptor
Attack: 10
Health: 6

Effect: Deal damage to opponent equal to half your armour. Remove all armour.

Kat Renderra : Support (Ally)
Set: Ariane
Gold Cost: 6
Left Reward: 1 Attack Power
Right Reward: 3 Health
Effect: None

Deborah : Support (Ally)
Set: Vanescula
Gold Cost: 1

Silverclad : Support (Slayer Task)
Set: Morvran
Gold Cost: 0

Effect: For every Agressive Monster slain, damage opponent by 4.

Promethean: Creature (None)
Set: Classic
Attack: 8
Health: 10
Left Reward: Weapon (5/2)
Right Reward: 2 Health

Legend: Thalia Renderra

Reason: By the time I actually get any of these cards set up at some shop ICly, she may be in the Legend's Guild.
Set: Uses Linza's. Low armour, weapon focused.
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

19-Jan-2017 08:55:31 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2017 09:50:04 by Lady Airlea

Startraphell

Startraphell

Posts: 536 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wu Rin : Support (Ally)
Set: Ozan
Gold Cost: 7
Right Reward: 3 health
Left Reward: 2 attack

Effect: Lose weapon

Star's Halberd : Support (Equipment)
Set: Linza
Gold Cost: 5
Right Reward: 4/3 weapon
Left Reward: 2 armor

Effect: Strike opponent for your base attack attack

White Vyre : Creature (Vampyre)
Set: Morvran
Attack: 8
Health 8
Right Reward: 5 armor
Left Reward: 1 attack

Effect: Draw 3 cards
"I am true divinity! I am the father of nations and peoples! I am the thing you merely pretend to be! I am God, and I am King, and you can never defeat me!" ~Galath, Infinity Blade

19-Jan-2017 15:22:53

Rexost

Rexost

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wish I knew enough about Chronicle to contribute to this. My mind is clouded with MTG, Hearthstone, and Gwent itself, no room for Jagex's s00per d00per card game. Still, would love to come back with some ideas once I've familiarized myself with the basics or played a few rounds.
Edgar
=/=
Rex
=/=
Rend

#PraiseTuffty

19-Jan-2017 20:24:53

Quick find code: 237-238-196-65871452 Back to Top